Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Saturday, September 5, 2009

Kaitlynn's Humor

Earlier this week, Kaitlynn, MawMaw and I were in the car going back to MawMaw's house and Kaitlynn said something about her hair. I asked her to repeat herself and she had us cracking up. As she was running her hands through the back of her hair she said, "My blond hair is so pretty!" I'm glad that she is so complimentary to herself. I hope she stays that way. Self-esteem is a huge issue and I feel one of the most important things I can help her with is having a positive self-image and high self-esteem.

I knew that Kaitlynn knew the alphabet, but wasn't sure if she could recite it in it's entirety. Friday morning, while watching Sesame Street, Abby was singing the alphabet song and Kaitlynn chimed in at "w, x, y and z". Then while driving to MawMaw's that evening, she heard me singing along to the radio. I asked her to sing along with me. So she started singing the alphabet song. She sang it in it's entirety the first time. The second time she wanted me to sing it and the third time she got to "l, m, n, o, p" which sounded more like "l, men, o, p" and she started laughing so hard and saying "pee", "you peed", "you peed". It was so funny that she got a kick out of this. So we teased each other the rest of the car ride about "peeing".

1 comment:

  1. Love those moments... I love when I tell my daughters they are beautiful and they answer "I know".. I wish I had that confidence too!
    Love to you.
    Kelly

    ReplyDelete