Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Wednesday, September 30, 2009

Strep? I Hope Not.

Sunday night I started feeling so sick. I had a horrible headache and was very nauseous. Monday Kaitlynn and I missed the MomsLikeMe.com playdate at The Magic House because I still wasn't feeling well and Kaitlynn was sleeping so peacefully. Tuesday I woke up with a red eye. My throat was hurting worse than it had been this past week. Since I was still feeling bad today, I called the doctor. They thought maybe I had strep throat, and wanted me to come in for a throat culture. Everything looked clear, though. They went ahead and did a throat culture because I am having trouble swallowing. They gave me a prescription for antibiotics and said to drink plenty of liquid and get lots of rest. It's kind of difficult to drink anything right now because of my throat, but getting lots of rest is going to be the biggest problem, considering I have a 2 1/2 year old, provide childcare Tuesday through Friday and have other obligations.

2 comments:

  1. Hope you get to feeling better.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hope you feel better soon! Hot teas, especially herbal help my sore throats sooo much. There's even a kids tea called Throat Coat that is really soothing for mom AND child.

    ReplyDelete