Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Monday, October 19, 2009

3 S's and Curious at the Magic House

Friday morning Kaitlynn and I attended Songs, Stories and Sillies at the ECC. Our friends Tara, Bailey, Katie and Luke were there. We hadn't seen Katie and Luke since this summer. Kaitlynn didn't participate too much in the class after Bailey arrived. They just ran around the room doing their own thing. They did participate when it was time for the sticks. After class, we hung around with Tara and Bailey in the Commons.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Songs, Stories & Sillies
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

We went home to eat lunch and then went to the Magic House for their 30th Birthday Celebration. Admission was free all weekend. We met our friends, Jill and Nick, there. We had a great time except, with free admission brought all the crazies (or lazies). People just did not watch their children. They did not care if their bigger child was stepping on, pushing, being mean to, etc, a littler child. It was like free admission meant come bring your child, let them run wild while you lay around. Seriously, a mom was laying on a bench in the Curious George exhibit! I was like, this is not your house. You need to be watching your kid(s). I mean, laying around, seriously! I think I ticked one lady off because I told her daughter not to step on the younger kids. When she gave me a look, I told her it was just common sense and that she should know better. The girl was at least 9. Honestly, she should have known better.
Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Magic House Birthday
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

6 comments:

  1. That looks like such a fun time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That really irritates me when parents don't watch their kids or letting them pick on little kids. I think I would have went off a few times.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I so know what you mean here! I discipline my child...so other people should do the same. Honestly, they need to give out a license to have children! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm with you, Amy, why parents don't watch their kids, especially when they are hurting others, really gets to me. I know there are times we all need a little grace, I've gotten distracted and didn't catch something my kids were doing. Usually when another child is off the charts and mom is oblivious, I'll say something. The mom usually is embarrassed and apologizes, but going off on you? Guess all we can do is train ours the best we can!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looks like a fun weekend! Great pictures.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Amy I am so with you. It amazes me how some parents just dont care. Why is your 9 year old running over my kids..She is tooo tall for this play area anyways!!! I wish they had a kid police around who kicks the out of control kids out! Damn maybe I should apply for a position like that! lol

    Nice blog, its my first time visiting your blog, thanks to Alexandria!

    http://areebaathome.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete