Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Monday, December 21, 2009

Stomach Virus

Kaitlynn came down with the stomach virus late Monday night going into Tuesday morning. She had diarrhea and was vomiting. The vomiting lasted about 7 hours. I called the pediatrician's exchange and they said she isn't contagious when she is vomit free for 6 hours. They said the stomach virus usually lasts 12-24 hours. Tuesday the pediatrician's office called to check on her. I really like that they follow up on the calls to the exchange.

I came down with the stomach virus on Thursday. It seemed to last about 3 hours (at least the vomiting did). I was really hoping I wasn't going to get it because I was sanitizing like crazy.

5 comments:

  1. That nasty stomach bug made its way through here too. My 3 yr had it monday morning last week, by the afternoon my 2 yr old had it. My DH had it tuesday night, my 7 year old weds and me Friday. It only lasted 6-7 hours a person tho. Somehow we managed to not get the baby sick

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm sorry that you've been sick. Our 4 year old got sick yesterday. I'm hoping that she doesn't share.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Arrrrgh - we'va all had this. It was hideous. Hope you're all better soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. We had that bug in our house. It passes quick thankfully. I hope you guys are feeling better in time for the Holidays.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hope you are all doing better now.

    ReplyDelete