Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Saturday, January 9, 2010

First Night Away From Home

Packing her suitcase
Ready to go
Had to bring her tunnel
Kaitlynn is at her first sleep over! It's her first night away. She's staying over at MawMaw's house. MawMaw and Kaitlynn planned it on Wednesday. Kaitlynn was still into the idea on Friday. We stayed at MawMaw's for a little bit after taking her over there. We waited until she told us we could leave. I thought I would be sad because when I thought about it earlier on Friday, it made me a little sad. I guess just the fact that she is growing up and getting so big. I am very sentimental about having an almost 3 year old. But I'll save that for another post. I wasn't the least bit sad leaving her last night. I trust MawMaw completely with Kaitlynn (otherwise I wouldn't have left her there). I am proud of Kaitlynn taking this big step. Whether she stays the entire night or we have to go pick her up, either way, I am so proud of her.

She is just such a big girl and so independent. She wanted to spend the night Wednesday after 123 Imagine (Sesame Street Live), but we were worried about the weather. So MawMaw and Kaitlynn decided on Friday night. After her nap yesterday, she said she wanted to pack her suitcase for MawMaw's house. She called MawMaw and asked if she could still spend the night. Not even 3 and already making plans (without mommy and daddy)!

6 comments:

  1. Aww! We have the same tunnel! They are a good time and so convenient:)

    I know how you feel, my son is almost a year and a half and I feel like I just want to freeze time. Your daughter is precious! Happy Friday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Awww...

    My mom is still waiting for this to happen with Evie. At the last second, my girl chickens out and wants me to come with her! But I think I'm okay waiting it out with her...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to hear how it went!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Teagan has done the overnight thing a couple of times- once by her choosing and once by necessity due to family illness. When it was by her choosing, she was so excited that she practically kicked us out as soon as we got there! We've tried planning an overnight again... but she's not on board anymore. Maybe once her brother is old enough to join her, she'll feel differently about it. Plus... the time for just me and jeff was sooo needed and so great!

    Swing by my place on Monday- I've got something for you!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thai is so cute, a planner she is already. : )

    ReplyDelete