Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Monday, January 11, 2010

She Did It!

Sorry to leave you all wondering whether Kaitlynn made it through the sleep over or not.

She did it! I couldn't sleep that night because I kept waiting for the phone to ring. I was worried about getting into a deep sleep and then being too drowsy to pick her up. I would never want to leave her / force her to stay somewhere that she is not comfortable (for whatever reason). That is my promise to her.

Kaitlynn and MawMaw called about 8:30 on Saturday morning. Kaitlynn called to ask me to bring a Clifford movie over. Then she kept calling back to ask me different things. MawMaw said she did great. She didn't ask for us once. What an independent girl!

Saturday morning, I was a little sad because I wished that my dad (PawPaw Dado) could have been there. He used to talk about Kaitlynn spending the night at their house and was so excited about it. Unfortunately, things didn't work out that way. I'm sure he was there in spirit, but I know he would have loved to be there in person.

4 comments:

  1. Her first sleepover: A success. I would have been like you and waiting by the phone. Your little baby is growing up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! Your blog is adorable. Love the sparkles. I'm following you from the linky at mama zone. Feel free to follow me back if you'd like!

    http://myconfessionsasafirsttimemom.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete