Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Wednesday, May 5, 2010

Baby Shower and Engagement Anniversary

Saturday we attended a Couples Diaper Shower for our friends Jill and Emil. They are having their second child in July. The theme was lady bugs because they are having a girl and it goes with her nickname (Katy bug). Kaitlynn had fun playing with the other kids. It was nice getting to enjoy the day being outside. We are so happy for Jill and Emil!

Saturday also marked our Engagement Anniversary. 6 years ago, Dave came to my apartment dressed in a nice suit and had my favorite car waiting in the parking lot (a black Jaguar). We drove to Creve Coeur Park, where he gave me a rose and got down on one knee and proposed. It was amazing! Then we drove around to our families' houses telling them. Our parents already knew. I was so glad that Dave respected my family enough to call and ask my dad for his permission to marry me / at least let him know that he was going to propose to me. That evening our parents threw a party for us. It was such a special day and evening. About a month later we had a "formal" Engagement party. It was held at a park.
Looking back at these pictures, really brings back memories. I can't believe how young we all were. My nieces and nephews were so little, they ranged from 4 to 13 years old. Dave was 25 and I was 26. What special memories, even though it seems like a lifetime ago!

No comments:

Post a Comment