Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Saturday, June 19, 2010

Flip and Talking Back

Thursday, we received our Flip Video! I can't believe we got it so fast. We have missed having a Flip since I had to turn the one I was using back into Momslikeme.com after my discussion leader gig was over. Kaitlynn and I went to Walgreen's pharmacy drive thru to pick up my medication and as we were leaving she said, "I wish I could work there." She cracks me up. I will be so surprised if she doesn't end up in the medical field. She says she wants to be a baby doctor at the hospital nursery and a vet. She loves walking around with a pen / pencil and pad of paper asking how we feel and if anything hurts. She also used to like to say she was Dr. Collins (my ob/gyn).

In the process of getting my medication and having mommy brain, I left my debit card at Walgreens. I didn't realize it until they called me. Thank goodness for honest people!

For 2 days I have been on the phone with AT&T about my cell phone. This phone is totally possessed and keeps getting worse. Wednesday, I was on the phone for about a half an hour talking about the voice mail problem. When I try to retrieve a voice mail, it takes forever because the phone keeps calling my voice mail over and over. I thought after doing a reset and then a master reset that the voice mail problem was over, but no. Thursday morning, I couldn't access my text messages. It would go back to the home screen / an AT&T screen. Then the voice mail issue started again and I couldn't get my phone to charge. I called AT&T again and was on the phone for about an hour troubleshooting the phone's issues. About 15 minutes into the call, the lady agreed that my phone was possessed, but for some reason we had to stay on the phone for another 45 minutes troubleshooting. She was really nice, but it was such a pain in the butt to put that much time into this psycho phone. Finally, she said that they would send me a different phone. Of course this one is not a new one, it is a refurbished one. I have only had this phone for about 6 months. I shouldn't be having these problems with it.

MawMaw, Kaitlynn and I ate dinner and then went grocery shopping. At the grocery store, they were sampling Mike's Classic Margarita's in raspberry, lime and peach. They were yummy!

I have really been getting onto Kaitlynn lately. She has been talking back a lot. I struggle with it though because I feel that she should be able to tell us or anyone else "no." I want her to know she has that right. I am not going to raise a "yes woman." But the struggle is, at what point does it just become disrespectful of her? I have been reminding her of her KidzMinistry Bible verse "Children obey your parents" and telling her that Jesus wants her to listen to mommy (and daddy). That lasts for a second and then she's on to talking back again. If I tell her to do something, she'll say, "No I'm not...." This talking back business is no fun! The other thing she started was telling me that she's going to call the police on me. She started it on Wednesday while we were at home. I think she didn't want to pick up her toys or stop flipping around on the couch. She pulled that one out on me at the grocery store, too. I asked her why and she said so I could get into trouble. I told her to call the police. One time I told her I was going to call them myself and she said no that she was just playing / joking. I don't know where she's picked up this calling the police thing from!

Kaitlynn got to watch her Diego DVD before bed, so that I could bring in the groceries and get them put away. After I was done, I sat down and watched it with her. I was amazed at the different types of animals she knows, just from watching this DVD. I really don't like her watching a lot of TV (or videos), but I don't beat myself up so much when I know that she is learning something from it.

No comments:

Post a Comment