Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

MLM Mid Rivers Mall and The Usual Suspects

Friday Kaitlynn, MawMaw and I went to Mid Rivers Mall for the MLM Playdate. I thought we were doing good by getting there 5-10 minutes early. I was wrong. The line to see Dora the Explorer was to the other end of the mall. The line to "check in" was outrageous, too. By the time we got up to the table, the kids bags were gone (given away). Bummer! We got in line to get a balloon, stickers and cookies. Of course, this is when the other parents great parenting skills starting kicking in. This one mom totally butted in front of us with her 4 kids. Seriously, what kind of message does that send / teach your children? Butting in line is rude. Just wait your freaking turn like everyone else! I usually let people know when they butt in line, but that day, I was already a little on edge (from the huge unexpected crowd), so I decided to let it slide. Actually, I was afraid I might go off the deep end and didn't want to make a scene in front of Kaitlynn. I didn't want to be THAT parent!! Anyway, Kaitlynn got a Diego sticker, a Stride Rite sticker, a pink balloon and a couple cookies. We got in line to do the pretzel rolling, but Kaitlynn had to go to the bathroom. Perfect timing too - we were next in line! Oh well! After the bathroom break, we decided to skip the pretzel rolling because the line was ridiculously long (and not moving). We decided to decorate a cookie. While waiting in line, we met up with our friends Trisha, Kylie and Ava. Kaitlynn and Kylie decorated a cookie together. While they were decorating their cookies, I was holding Kaitlynn's balloon, Kylie's balloon and some papers. After the girls got done, I went to hand Trisha Kylie's balloon and some papers and my camera dropped out of my hand, hit the mall floor and the batteries went flying. Several people brought the batteries to me as I was in shock and picking up my camera. I put the batteries back in and the screen was all fuzzy. Yep, I broke the camera! Just wonderful! We have had this one for 2 or 3 years, so I guess it is time for a new one. At that point, I was done with the playdate. It was too crowded, Dora was some little girl instead of a costumed character and I broke our camera. It was time to get some space...

and lunch (since Kids Eat Free on Fridays). Let me tell you, that wasn't much better. We ate in the food court and it took 2 hours for us to order and finally get all of the food we order. Seriously, we did not order that much - kid's meal (chicken fingers and fries), grilled cheese (3 cheese), small fry and a chicken salad. While waiting for our food, we looked through the stuff we got at the playdate - throwing away the stuff we weren't going to use. We had a lot of time to kill!

After lunch, we went shopping. Retail therapy! I got a pair of sandals and Kaitlynn got some new clothes. We also made a trip to the pet shop. Kaitlynn (and MawMaw) just had to ask to see this little teacup chihuahua. Kaitlynn did not want to give him back and left the store crying. That's always fun!

Later that evening Dave, Kaitlynn, MawMaw and I went to the Zoo for Jungle Boogie. A band called The Usual Suspects were playing. Kaitlynn fell asleep in the car and stayed asleep after we first arrived. We decided to eat dinner while waiting for her to fully wake up. After dinner we ran into our old friends Teri, Hayden and Quinn. Hanna and Adam also ended up meeting us there. We also saw our friends Emily, Christopher, Ella and Beatrice. Kaitlynn suckered MawMaw into getting her a bear from Build-A-Bear, then suckered Hanna into getting her a penguin from Build-A-Bear. Spoiled!! It was a fun evening with great music, fun company and good conversation.

On the way home from the Zoo, Kaitlynn said, "I hope I see Adam again and Hanna." MawMaw said, "Well, what about me?" Kaitlynn said, "You can go, but it's late." This kid comes up with some funny stuff. Maybe it's one of those, you had to be there kind of moments.

Kaitlynn had to sleep with Teddy and Penguin that night.

No comments:

Post a Comment