Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Sex and the City 2 Soundtrack Review

I received the opportunity to review the Sex and the City 2: Original Motion Picture Soundtrack recently. This soundtrack was released on May 25th and the film hit the theaters on May 27th. The soundtrack features a brand-new duet "Love is Your Color" by Grammy and Academy Award® winner Jennifer Hudson, along with global superstar, multi-platinum recording artist and three-time Grammy Award nominee Leona Lewis. The soundtrack includes a new song by platinum-selling Cee Lo and International superstar Dido also contributes an exclusive new track. Grammy, Emmy, Golden Globe, Tony and Academy Award® winner Liza Minnelli covers Beyonce’s chart-topper “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”. 12-time Grammy Award winner Alicia Keys performs her own new version of the Blondie classic “Rapture”. The soundtrack also features the stars of Sex and the City 2, Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis and Cynthia Nixon, performing the Helen Reddy classic “I Am Woman.”

Here is a list of the songs on the soundtrack:
1. Alicia Keys “Rapture”
2. Dido “Everything to Lose”
3. Cee Lo “Language of Love”
4. Erykah Badu “Window Seat”
5. Natacha Atlas “Kidda”
6. Michael McGregor “Euphrates Dream”
7. Liza Minnelli “Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)”
8. Ricki-Lee "Can't Touch It"
9. Alicia Keys "Emire State of Mind (Part II) Broken Down"
10. Jennifer Hudson and Leona Lewis "Love Is Your Color"
11. Sarah Jessica Parker, Kim Cattrall, Kristin Davis, Cynthia Nixon “I Am Woman”
12. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “If Ever I Would Leave You”
13. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Sunrise, Sunset”
14. Sex and the City Men’s Choir “Till There Was You”
15. Shayna Steele, Jordan Ballard, Kamilah Marshall “Bewitched, Bothered and Bewildered”
16. Liza Minnelli with Billy Stritch “Ev’ry Time We Say Goodbye”
17. Cyndi Lauper “True Colors”
18. Aaron Zigman “Divas and Dunes”

This soundtrack was very interesting. It is probably something that I wouldn't listen to again because it isn't really my "type" of music. Some of the music had a very Arabian sound to them. The only songs I liked or might relisten to would be Alicia Keys' "Rapture", Dido's "Everything to Lose", Erykah Badu's "Window Seat" and (of course) Cyndi Lauper's "True Colors". I think that most of the songs that were redone sounded so much better by the original artists. I especially did not like Liza Minnelli's version of "Single Ladies (Put A Ring On It)". I also wasn't a fan of the Sex and the City Men's Choir. I haven't seen Sex and the City 2, so maybe after seeing it, that would change my perspective on the soundtrack, but I doubt it.

If you are a Sex and the City fan, click on this link to buy the soundtrack.

Click on this link to go to the Facebook page.


*I was provided a copy of the soundtrack for review. However, this review is my opinion and my opinion only.

No comments:

Post a Comment