Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Sunday, July 25, 2010

Adopting a Tiger

Tuesday morning / afternoon, Kaitlynn was pretending to paint my face. She painted a butterfly, a tiger and an elephant. Then she used her vet kit to doctor on Bailey and then I used it to doctor on her.

Since I didn't believe the school / district calendar, I called Kaitlynn's preschool. I was so shocked to find out she starts in 1 month! It's so bittersweet! I think she is so ready for preschool and will absolutely love it, but I am also sad about it. She is growing up. She is starting her school career! Makes me cry everytime I think about it.

Kaitlynn and I went for a quick visit to the Zoo, at least for us! We normally try to spend all day or at least 3+ hours there. Since we went late in the afternoon, it was only open for less than 2 hours. We adopted an Amur Tiger. They had a great promotion where you could adopt any big cat and get 4 tickets to The Muny to see Cats for the weekend. Kaitlynn actually wanted to do Zoomagination Station, but they were already closed for the day. The first animals Kaitlynn wanted to look at were the bears.
Kaitlynn touching bear fur.
I was surprised when she didn't want to look at the penguins. We skipped that and went to ride the carousel. Since I had to pay for 2 tickets, I got on 1 of the animals right next to Kaitlynn. The guy told me I had to get off and stand next to Kaitlynn. I told him that they have been letting us ride next to Kaitlynn and since I had to pay for a ticket it was only fair. He said she wasn't tall enough to ride by herself. I was not happy with that policy and the guy knew it. When the ride was over, he had me measure Kaitlynn. She was 41 inches. 1 inch shy of being able to ride by herself. I told him that if it is policy that I have to stand next to her, I should not have to pay since it is their policy. He said he understood and that I needed to tell the main office. Believe me, I will be calling them.

We went to see the orangutans and this teenager / young adult got right in front of Kaitlynn (who was sitting in her stroller) so she couldn't see. Yeah, I am sure it wasn't intentional, but it was rude no less. Well I let him have it. He just looked at me. Probably thought I was crazy. I do not like when people do things like that. Like he couldn't see over her stroller!
We saw the prairie dogs, sea lions and went into the Bird House where we saw daddy's favorite bird (the toucan). Kaitlynn told me her favorite bird was the kookaburra. We saw the big cats and went to look at the other animals on Historic Hill, but they were already put up. We went back by the penguins and then Kaitlynn played outside the Living World.
She threw 3 pennies into the water and I asked her what she wished for. She told me Mickey Mouse. I have no idea what she meant.

We went to The Muny and redeemed our tickets for the weekend. I can't wait to see Cats! Since we were so hot amd sticky from our short visit to the Zoo, we treated ourselves to a Frosty from Wendy's!

Kaitlynn and I met MawMaw and MawMaw Tommie for dinner. While waiting for them to get to the restaurant, Kaitlynn entertained everyone by singing Old MacDonald and then her ABCs!

4 comments:

  1. I love the zoo!

    Happy blogoversary :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. sounds like a great day! hope you enjoy your weekend adventure too!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for the blogoversary wish Teena in Toronto!

    ReplyDelete