Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Father's Day and Baptism

Sunday June 20th, we attended church. Our message was about Baptism. It was a really rockin' service!
Kaitlynn attended her class. Her Verse for the week: "I can do all things through Christ, because He gives me strength." Philippians 4:13. They learned the story of the Prodigal Son (Luke 15:11-24) - "The father showed his son BIG love!"
After service everyone was invited to have their picture taken and nail the picture to this huge cross on the church lawn. We had a family picture taken and wrote a prayer on the back of it before it was nailed to the cross.

That evening Dave, Kaitlynn, MawMaw and I headed back up to church for the Baptism Celebration. This was a very special celebration as I decided to go public (as an adult) with my choice to live my life for Christ. The church has a huge, I mean huge celebration every year for Baptism. When we arrived, we got a space around the lake for family to sit, then Dave and I went to the auditorium. In the auditorium, it was a time of getting the logistics settled, but mostly a time of prayer and reflection. Dave told me that he was very proud of me for making this decision and that my dad would be proud of me too. I really wished he could have been here for this time in my life. But maybe it's his death that has lead me to the place I am at right now. His love for Jesus and his faith were his legacy. It's what he wanted for his children more than anything.
Everyone lined up (there were more than 300 people being Baptised) in their respective groups. Amazing Grace started and ended the Baptisms. I was #19 in my group. Dave was my water witness. MawMaw, Kaitlynn, Hanna and Adam watched, took pictures and filmed as I was being Baptised. I was glad to have Patti in the water with me, as well as her husband, Russ (who is a pastor). They are very special people! It was such an amazing and awesome experience. After being Baptised and meeting up with family, Dave and I changed out of our wet clothes. The celebration was so big, they had food vendors, live music and a kids' area with bounce houses and pony rides. We ate dinner (Vivianos - yum!), listened to live music and Kaitlynn enjoyed the bounce house, slide and pony rides.
The biggest celebration of the year!
Amazing Grace
Me getting Baptised. Ignore my niece's conversation (she likes to talk about her underwear).
Kaitlynn, Hanna and Adam standing in line for the bounce house. One of my favorite songs is playing in the background Lay 'Em Down.
Kaitlynn and Hanna bouncing in the bounce house.
Kaitlynn riding a pony.
Sliding with Adam
Sliding with Hanna
Kaitlynn sliding with these 2 girls she met. The little one does not like the idea of Kaitlynn sliding down with them. Of course, I can't blame her: Kaitlynn has her arm around the little girl's neck!
Sliding with a different girl
Another pony ride. The lady running the pony rides gave me her card. She told me about coming out to their farm for lessons or just pony rides. She said when kids are as talkative and outgoing as Kaitlynn (so young), they are ready for lessons. We might give it a try as the rates were very reasonable.
What an awesome day to honor our Father in heaven!

No comments:

Post a Comment