Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Thursday, July 8, 2010

SpongeBob Party and Beauty and the Beast

Wednesday the 30th Kaitlynn and MawMaw went to the library and attended a SpongeBob Party, actually called "Who Lives in a Pineapple Under the Sea?" Apparently there were too many kids there, so they didn't get to watch a movie and do all that was planned. This was a registration required event, so how do you end up with too many kids? Turn away the people who didn't register or after you get so many kids. Is that too difficult? Anyway they painted / sponged a picture, made an octopus, and that was basically it. One of my friends was there with her 2 boys and she offered to give Kaitlynn and MawMaw a ride home, but Kaitlynn said no. MawMaw and Kaitlynn walked home. On the way, they stopped and got a slurpee.

MawMaw was telling me about the kids having to wait to paint the pictures. She said that Kaitlynn was one of the 1st groups, and that they were being called in alphabetical order. I asked her how Kaitlynn went first. She said because her name is Amy. LOL!!! She didn't even realize it until I pointed it out to her! So funny and so smart. They would have been there all day!

Dave, Kaitlynn, MawMaw and I went to dinner. At dinner, Kaitlynn got upset because Dave told her she could have some of his water. She was drinking out of MawMaw's glass. Somehow this upset her and she said he made her "heart cry!"

We bought tickets to see Beauty and the Beast at The Muny. It was the last night it was playing. 3rd times the charm! On the way there Kaitlynn said, "Daddy I need your money!" I thought we had a few years before we got to that point! What will she come up with or say next?

After finding our seats and getting settled, Kaitlynn said "Hurry, put my tiara on before the prince comes out!" During the show, she was concerned about where Belle's daddy was. She has never seen the Disney movie. She was always afraid of the beast and never wanted to watch it.

At intermission, Kaitlynn said to me as she was shaking my hand, "Glad to meet you. Meet my friend MawMaw. She's crazy." Then she said to Dave, "Hi! Glad to meet you Dave. Meet my friend MawMaw." She is super silly!

She is also very sensitive. She was crying during the show, asking about Belle's daddy, then concerned for Belle and then for the beast. She really understands the emotions in movies and shows. I am always amazed at how much she understands and gets.

This show was totally worth all the trouble just to see it. It was amazing! I am so glad we rearranged our schedules for Wednesday night to see it.

No comments:

Post a Comment