Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Cardinals Build-A-Bear Game

Saturday the 31st, Dave and I got some sad news. I haven't decided if I am going to write about it on here or not since it is pretty personal and we aren't sharing the news with everyone. It was a hard day to say the least!

We went to church and that helped comfort my soul. Our Summer Speaker Series was supposed to continue with a speaker named David Hawkins. He is lead pastor of a church in East St. Louis. He received some bad news a few hours before service was supposed to start and had to go back to his church. Thankfully our lead pastor was in town and had a message prepared.
In Kaitlynn's class, the Bible story was "Moses obeys God and talks to Pharaoh." Exodus 3-4. The memory verse is: "Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power." Ephesians 6:10. Kaitlynn said they learned about superheroes - Bible superheroes.

Sunday we went to the Cardinals game. It was a Build-A-Bear game, so Kaitlynn (each kid) got an Ozzie Smith bear. Fred Bird came out to see the kids in the section we were sitting. Kaitlynn was OK with him, but said she doesn't like him putting his mouth on her head. She was fine with him this time because he was near us, but not close enough to touch. It was a hot day for a game. We wished our seats were just a few rows back because we would have been under cover and not had to deal with the sun so much.
After the game, Kaitlynn and Dave went on the field to run the bases. We waited in line for about 45 minutes and the line barely moved. Once it started moving, it went really quick, though. It was worth it!

We had Chinese for dinner. My fortune cookie fortune read "listen these next few days to your friends to get answers you seek." I think with the news we got Saturday, I am going to need my family and friends' support and prayers, so it was fitting.

4 comments:

  1. always hate getting bad news - hope things get better for you this week. Sounds like church, burild a bear and the rest of your Sunday were better!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Church did help. The game was something we had tickets to so I just had to put my game face on and attend. Plus I have to be strong for Kaitlynn.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'll keep your family in my prayers!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh Amy I hope everything's OK. Lots of hugs your way!

    ReplyDelete