Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Friday, August 27, 2010

First Day of Preschool

Tuesday, August 17th was Kaitlynn's first day of Preschool. Before getting ready for school, she wanted to play tag, a game she has really gotten into playing lately. After she took a bath and got dressed for school, we had a photo shoot. Before we left for school, we put her snack (blueberries and a string cheese) in her lunch box.
Walking from parking lot to school building
We got to school early so she could play in the Commons at the train tables.
Walking down the hall to her classroom.
Kaitlynn and I hung up her backpack and lunch box in her cubbie, found her name tag and she ran off to paint. As you can see from the video, she was not concerned with me leaving. I basically had to force myself to leave!

So I did it! I was able to drop Kaitlynn off without crying in front of her. She did awesome! I was really proud of Kaitlynn and myself! I cried a little in the car and then a little when I got home. I think most of all I was crying happy, proud mama tears. Dave and my mom called to check on Kaitlynn and me. My niece and sister texted to check on us. It was a bittersweet day for most of us. My mom left a really nice message for me saying that Kaitlynn is a big girl now and she will be just fine. She said it was hard on her my first day of preschool, too. I didn't cry as much as I thought I would. I think it really helped that she went right in to her classroom with no problems or apprehension. Thank You God for that! It's so awesome to see her so confident and independent!

When I went to pick her up, they were having circle / story time. Miss Ellie told Kaitlynn I was there. She got up, ran to me, saying "mommy" and gave me a big hug. I love that kind of greeting! We gathered her backpack and lunch box, checked her mail box and Miss Maureen said she had a great first day! I was happy to see a copy of their schedule in her backpack. They sang "The Hooray Song", painted at the easel, built together in the block center, played dress-up in the pretend play center, went outside to play on the playground and had a "Silly Dance Contest". In her mail box, was 2 newsletters about latex and peanut allergies and any papers / artwork she did that day.

Dave and I each made Kaitlynn a card for her first day. She was so happy to open them and have me read them to her. I still can't believe my baby is a preschooler!

After school, I took Kaitlynn to get a "special drink" - a smoothie / icee. Kaitlynn was talking about needing Tylenol for hiccups (only she says it "hipups"). She watched some SpongeBob while laying on the couch because she said she was tired.

Dave, Kaitlynn and I went to MawMaw's for a quick visit. Kaitlynn, Dave and I went to dinner at TGI Fridays and then to a Cardinals' game. Dave said I am good luck because every game I've been to this year, Albert Pujols hits a homerun! We went by Wendy's on the way home for Frostys.

2 comments:

  1. Glad she had such a good first day (and you too). And I love her outfit :)

    ReplyDelete