Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Friday, August 27, 2010

Fun with Cousins and Super Brave

Saturday, August 21st Kaitlynn was playing with the Precious Moments ballerina ornament from Aunt Neese. We decided to fix her hair like the ballerina's hair. It's so cute, Kaitlynn will look at the ballerina and say "she is beautiful just like me" or "she looks just like me."

We watched Annabelle and Alayna that afternoon. Kaitlynn and Annabelle played with the shape sorter, hair salon, dress up, restaurant, pretended to go camping, ate lunch and then went outside. Outside they played on the climbing cube, in the jungle gym, in the castle, farm and cottage, played at the water table and looked for pine cones in the yard. They decided it was time to go inside and had to change clothes (their clothes were dirty and a little wet), played with the mega blocks, had a tea party, played with baby dolls, ate a snack and did some artwork (drew a picture on green construction paper and made a strawberry patch with red construction paper). The girls decided it was time to go back outside and played in the sandbox (made a castle, star, rake and circle), played at the water table, watered the plants in the yard, and then came back inside. Another clothes change and they played hair salon until Cynthia arrived. Alayna had fun crawling around after the girls and she also took an almost 2 hour nap.

We decided to go to Herculaneum City Park / Fairgrounds to see "The Princess and the Frog" that evening. We picked up KFC for dinner and had a picnic before the movie began. In the middle of the movie, it just stopped playing and the screen started deflating. I think it was some kind of generator problem. 15 minutes later it was back up and playing. Kaitlynn and Annabelle watched the movie from the back of Cynthia's van. Those girls have such a good time together. They were just laughing and cracking each other up!


Sunday, we attended church. I served on the Communion team (again). Our message was given by one of our pastors about what we would ask God for if we could ask for one thing (the life and times of Solomon). Before the message we rocked a Foo Fighter song "Best of You." The guy who sang and played guitar did an awesome job!

"Best Of You" lyrics (Songwriters: Mendel, Nate; Shiflett, Christopher; Grohl, David; Hawkins, Taylor):

I've got another confession to make
I'm your fool
Everyone's got their chains to break
Holdin' you

Were you born to resist, or be abused?

Is someone getting the best
The best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best
The best, the best, the best of you?

Or are you gone and onto someone new?

I needed somewhere to hang my head
Without your noose
You gave me something that I didn't have
But had no use
I was too weak to give in
Too strong to lose

My heart is under arrest again
But I'll break loose
My head is giving me life or death
But I can't choose
I swear I'll never give in
I refuse

Is someone getting the best
The best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best
The best, the best, the best of you?

Has someone taken your faith?
It's real, the pain you feel
You trust, you must confess

Is someone getting the best
The best, the best, the best of you?

Has someone taken your faith?
It's real, the pain you feel
The life, the love
You'd die to heal
The hope that starts
The broken hearts
You trust, you must confess

Is someone getting the best
The best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best
The best, the best, the best of you?

I've got another confession my friend
I'm no fool
I'm getting tired of starting again
Somewhere new

Were you born to resist, or be abused?
I swear I'll never give in, I refuse

Is someone getting the best
The best, the best, the best of you?
Is someone getting the best
The best, the best, the best of you?
Has someone taken your faith?
It's real, the pain you feel
You trust, you must confess

Is someone getting the best
The best, the best, the best of you?


These lyrics were taken from this website.

Kaitlynn attended KidzMinistry. Their message was "Gideon is super brave." Judges 6-7. Application points were: "God chose Gideon to fight a big army. God helped Gideon be super brave. Who will help you be super brave?" Memory verse: "Be strong in the Lord and in His mighty power!" Ephesians 6:10.

After church we picked up MawMaw and went to Wendy's for lunch. We visited Great Grandma, Uncle Dale and Aunt Sue. Uncle George and Aunt Sam (Big Mama) came for a visit, too.

We went to MawMaw's and then went to Pasta House for dinner - kid's eat free on Sundays! We got a great deal on a 42" plasma flat screen TV thanks to my brother Jeff! It looks great in our house too!

Monday was Kaitlynn's half birthday! I can't believe my baby is 3 1/2!

I started watching Max, a 7 month old, who's mom is friends with one of the moms in one of our playgroups. I watch him part-time in the mornings.
He took his morning nap on my lap.

I signed Kaitlynn up for Flip & Dip at Riverchase. It starts in a few weeks. Kaitlynn and I went to MawMaw's to take her to a doctor's appointment. After the appointment, Dave, Kaitlynn, MawMaw and I went to dinner at El Maguey's.
Kaitlynn throwing pennies in the fountain before dinner.

No comments:

Post a Comment