Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Thursday, September 30, 2010

Dance, Preschool and Swim

Monday the 13th, I babysat Max. Kaitlynn and I met Tara, Bailey and Taylor at McDonald's for a lunch playdate. It was a nightmare playdate (nothing against you Tara). First, Kaitlynn and Bailey weren't getting along with the other girls / kids and then they started fighting / aggitating one another. I think they both ended up kicking and pushing each other,at least once. It was horrible! I would've have just made Kaitlynn leave since she was acting up so badly, but I was stuck and she knew that. Dave picked up the car from McDonald's and took it to get an oil change. So I didn't have a car with a car seat available. I don't know if I will ever do that again. As much as I appreciate Dave accommodating the playdate and taking the car to get the oil change, apparently it was just too much for Kaitlynn.

Kaitlynn and I didn't go to Dave's softball game. Instead she was in bed and sleeping by 7:50PM!!! And she slept until morning!!!!

Tuesday, Kaitlynn didn't wake up until 8:15! I babysat Max. He went with us to Kaitlynn's dance class. Only 2 other girls were in her class this week (Ayla and Navaeh). I just love watching Kaitlynn do ballet and tap! In ballet, they did the princess thing and "Teddy Bear." In tap, they did "I'm A Little Teapot." She is just so adorable!

Here are a couple videos I took of Kaitlynn's dance class. They are not the best as they are actually of the monitor that we watch from the waiting room.
Kaitlynn is the first girl on the left.
Kaitlynn is the girl in the middle. They are doing the "Teddy Bear" number.

After dance class, Kaitlynn got a smoothie and we went home for lunch. While Max was napping and I was feeding Kaitlynn lunch, I heard a knock on the door. It took me a few minutes to get to the door because I was preparing Kaitlynn's lunch and wanted to give it to her so she could start eating. Anyway, I went towards the door and noticed an AT&T truck outside at the end of our driveway, so I answered the door. This guy (apparently an AT&T worker) was headed to the back yard. He heard me open the door and said he needed to get in the back yard because he thought there was some box he needed to access for our neighbor's service. I told him I needed to let our 3 dogs in and I accentuated 3. He looked at me strangely. I let the dogs in and he was gone. I thought it was so strange for him to just leave like that. Kaitlynn got ready for preschool and we packed her snack (popcorn and an apple) in her lunch box. I called Dave about the AT&T situation. He said he thought it was strange and to call AT&T. I called but they couldn't get any information without an order number. The lady suggested that I call the police about it. So I did. I called to report possible suspicious behavior. It may sound crazy, but since I thought it was weird that he left after telling me he needed to go to my back yard, I thought he could possibly have been up to no good. Times like that make me very thankful we have 3 dogs (1 being pretty big).

While Kaitlynn was in school, I received a package from Children's Place. Such cute stuff! I can't wait for Kaitlynn to wear some of her new fall clothes. I also decided to hang up her Halloween costume that came in the mail the week before. I scheduled our appointments for the flu mist / shot and I painted my toe nails. It was about time. They needed some attention!

I picked Kaitlynn up from preschool. Her daily schedule said they read "Little Blue and Little Yellow" by Leo Lionni; mixed red, blue and yellow colored water to make orange, purple and green; made Little Blue and Little Yellow books to read at home; went outside and played on the playground; and in music sang / listened to "Step on the Spot."

Kaitlynn and I got special drinks after preschool and then came home to rest until swim class.

At swim class, only 1 instructor was there and there were 7 kids in the class. One of the lifeguards stayed really close by to help when the kids went to the deeper water. They started out in the shallow water and dived for toys,
poured water on themselves, popped the bubble and played green / yellow / red light and purple light (which was face in water).
They went to the big pool where each kid swam with a noodle with the instructor
and floated with the instructor.
They finished class by going back to the shallow water and going down the slide, which Kaitlynn still refused to do. I really enjoy watching Kaitlynn at her swim class and also enjoy talking to the other parents. They are all so friendly. At the Parent / Tot swim classes, the parents never talked to each other. It was so not social. I guess because we were all focused on helping our kids in the water. After swim class, Kaitlynn took a shower and got dressed.

Dave, Kaitlynn and I picked up dinner and met Cynthia, Annabelle and Alayna at Kirkwood City Park for a dinner playdate. Kaitlynn and Annabelle played for a little bit until they started fighting over something and Annabelle bit Kaitlynn.

We went to Wal-Mart to check out the Halloween stuff and purchase another external hard drive. Dave and Kaitlynn had fun trying on masks.

No comments:

Post a Comment