Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Tuesday, January 18, 2011

12th Week of Preschool and 2nd Thursday Swim Class

Wednesday, November 3rd, I babysat. Kaitlynn got ready for preschool and packed her snack (an apple and Halloween iced shortbread cookies) in her lunch box. I took Kaitlynn to school and attended an appointment.

I picked Kaitlynn up from preschool. The daily schedule said they read "The Little Red Hen (Makes a Pizza)," constructed water spouts for the Itsy Bitsy Spider in the water tables, played wash and dry bingo, went outside to play on the playground and in music sang / listened to "The Itsy Bitsy Spider" (a hip-hop version). Kaitlynn brought a baggie of pumpkin seeds home with a note that said to either plant them in the springtime or roast them for a snack. She also brought home the November Newsletter and a memo about play-based screening scheduled for December.

We got our special drinks and went to MawMaw's. We ran some errands and had dinner.

Thursday, the 4th, I babysat. Kaitlynn got ready for preschool and packed her snack (goldfish and raisins). While Kaitlynn was in preschool, I had a massage. I was really looking forward to the massage. Dave and Kaitlynn gave me a gift card back in February for my birthday. I didn't really like the guy who gave me the massage. He was kind of weird and then the girls at the front desk were really screwy with my gift card. I will not be going back there. My previous experience with them has been good, but I am not going to mess with them anymore.

I picked MawMaw up and we picked Kaitlynn up from preschool. The daily schedule said Miss Marty (the school counselor) visited with her puppet Martin the Magician. They read "The Skin You Live In" together. They decorated people pictures to look like themselves and told Miss Angela what they liked about themselves. They went outside to play on the playground and learned a new Yoga pose (Dragon).
Kaitlynn's Scholastic book order came in.

We got special drinks after school and then went to the house to rest before swim class.

At swim class, there were 6 kids (3 girls and 3 boys) and 2 instructors (Mags and Courtney). Kaitlynn and a little girl named Natalie made friends. They dove for the rings (which Kaitlynn and Natalie did together), poured cup of water on themselves, popped the bubble, played red light/ green light and sang Ring Around the Pool. In the deep end, they floated with an instructor, floated with a noodle, swam with a noodle and then went back to the shallow water to play on the slide.

We ran some errands and ate dinner.


Later that evening, I thought I was being smart by googling a procedure I was scheduled to have the next day. Not so much!

No comments:

Post a Comment