Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Wednesday, January 26, 2011

Wrapping Up November

Saturday, November 27th, we got some really good news. I will share in a December post. Later, Kaitlynn saw a picture of her friend Ella's baby sister (on the Thank You card for her birthday gift). She said, "It's baby Trice! It's wonderful!" It was so cute! That evening, she watched Shrek. It was only her second time seeing that movie. The first time she watched it was on the 19th. We tried to get her to watch it before, but she never would. Now she likes it.

Sunday the 28th, we attended church. We talked about Advent Conspiracy and how Christmas can (still) change the world.
Kaitlynn went to her class where they learned "God gives us everything. God gives us our food." They read the story of Elijah and the widow (again) from 1 Kings 17:7-16 and sang "Thank You Lord."

We went to MawMaw's. MawMaw and I went shopping while Kaitlynn was at her house napping with Dave. We went to Family Christian Bookstore, Bed, Bath and Beyond, Circle of Knowledge and Toys R Us. At FCS I bought the Little People's Nativity set and at Circle of Knowledge I bought an Elf on a Shelf.
We went back to MawMaw's and all of us went to the mall. Dave and I picked out our yearly ornament.
This isn't the best picture of the ornament, but it's the only one I took.

Monday, the 29th, I babysat. We gave Kaitlynn her Little People's Nativity set.
She really enjoyed playing with it. I think it also helped her learn the story better.
Kaitlynn went with me while I had to get some blood work done. I finished reading the book "Have A New Kid by Friday" and was not impressed. The more I thought about using these tactics on Kaitlynn, my preschooler, the more frustrated I got that I wasted 2 days on reading this book. Maybe some of the tactics would work on older kids, but I just don't know if I buy into any of them.

Tuesday, the 30th, I babysat. Kaitlynn had dance class. It was observation week. Dave, MawMaw, Hanna and Adam came to watch. Kaitlynn has been nervous about observation week and doesn't like all the people starring at her. She didn't participate too much, but was still as cute as ever. Seriously, don't we all have days where we just don't want to participate or something (such as people looking at us) throws us off and makes us uncomfortable / nervous.

All of us went to Burger King for lunch. After lunch, Kaitlynn got ready for preschool. We had already packed her snack (apple and pretzels).

When we got to preschool, Kaitlynn showed me her picture on the wall. They were to draw a picture of something they were thankful for. She drew a stop sign.

When we went to the bathroom for Kaitlynn to wash her hands, she started saying that her vagina was hurting. We went into her classroom, so I could tell her teachers what was going on and that I was going to take her back home. She kept saying she didn't hurt anymore because she wanted to stay, but I could tell that she was still hurting. We had to bribe her and tell her if school was still open after we went to the doctor's I would bring her back. I'm glad she loves school that much. Before leaving, we received a December / January Preschool Newsletter and thank you cards from Ms. Angela and Ms. Maureen for the Thanksgiving treats.

MawMaw went with Kaitlynn and me to the doctor. As we were walking into the building, Kaitlynn saw this boy with his mom and asked if he was there because his "gina" hurt too. It was so funny! Thankfully she asked that to me and not him or his mom. We saw the nurse practitioner. Kaitlynn had to urinate in a cup. They thought she had an infection but said the culture looked clean, but they would send it to the lab. The NP checked her out and couldn't find anything wrong. She said that maybe Kaitlynn is dry and suggested using an A&D ointment. Kaitlynn was so mad that she wasn't able to go back to school (since it was too late).

No comments:

Post a Comment