Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

16th Week of Dance and 19th Week of Preschool

Monday, December 20th, Kaitlynn and Dave were supposed to go Christmas shopping for me, but Kaitlynn didn't want to go. She didn't feel well. She told Dave to get me a lion because that's what I wanted. I thought that was so cute! I have no idea where she got that from though. Dave also did some shopping for Kaitlynn. Very sweet! I called Kaitlynn's pediatrician's office about her cough. She'd been coughing for about a month. We tried adding the cough medicine, Delsym back in on Wednesday the 15th but by Sunday the 19th she was hyperactive and having sleep issues. The nurse suggested giving her 1/2 tsp of honey, using a humidifier and sitting in a steamy bathroom. We were using the humidifier already and occasionally doing the steamy bathroom, but had not gave her honey.
We picked MawMaw up from work. Hanna came over to cut Dave's hair.

At this point, I only had 3 more Christmas gifts to purchase and they were for the men in my life. They are very hard to shop for.

Dave went out very late to make a Toys R Us run to get the Barbie Dream House that Kaitlynn wants for Christmas. It's for someone else to give to her since we already have her shopping done.

Tuesday, the 21st, was Uncle Jeff's birthday. Kaitlynn had dance class. Kaitlynn received a thank you note from Mrs. B for the Thanksgiving goodies.
It was observation week. Kaitlynn took Ms. Julie her Christmas gift.
After dance, we ate lunch and Kaitlynn got ready for preschool.
I picked Kaitlynn up from preschool and the daily schedule said they continued acting out the story of "The Gingerbread Man," worked on a surprise for their families, built a gingerbread village in the block center, played outside on the playground and sang / listened to "Frosty the Snowman."
Kaitlynn received a goodie bag from her teachers.
She decorated this bag.
This adorable picture and frame was inside!

Kaitlynn, MawMaw and I ran some errands. I was determined to finish up the Christmas shopping, even though I was hurting and Kaitlynn was not interested in shopping. Thankfully Dave came to pick her up and took her home.

Dave received his grades. He got all A's! So proud of him!

Wednesday, the 22nd, Kaitlynn got to preschool early and played in the Commons area. We took her teachers' gifts in. While Kaitlynn was at preschool, I had to get some blood work done, then picked up MawMaw.
MawMaw and I went to Kaitlynn's Winter Party at preschool. I brought the cups, napkins and a game.

Kaitlynn made a candy cane, a snowman, played a game and then wanted to help me with the game I brought. It was a cardboard snowman and you threw the snowballs throw the hole. The prize was a mini candy cane. The boys loved the game, 2 in particular. It actually got pretty rowdy, so we decided to put the game up. It was so cute, the kids (and teachers) sang along to a recording and did movements to "The 10 Days of Winter!" It was absolutely adorable!

I talked to Ms. Maureen about Kaitlynn's behavior lately. I told her about being pregnant and thought that maybe Kaitlynn was anxious about that. I told her we hadn't told Kaitlynn I was pregnant because we had been told (in classes we had previously taken) to not tell a preschool-aged child until closer to the due date. Ms. Maureen suggested that we might want to tell Kaitlynn. I guess we had kind of mentioned it or maybe she had overhead us talking about it, but we never directly sat her down to talk about it.

That evening we went to our church's Christmas service. MawMaw went with us. Our message was about the miracle of the Christmas child. It was a beautiful service and such a wonderful way to start this Christmas.
Kaitlynn attended her class. They heard the Christmas story from the Bible (Luke 1:26-38, 2:1-20). They learned that God loves us so much, that He gave us baby Jesus! "We celebrate the birth of Jesus at Christmas! Baby Jesus is born. Luke 2:1-20."
We had hot chocolate and coffee afterwards.

I wrapped gifts after Kaitlynn went to bed.

No comments:

Post a Comment