Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Thursday, March 31, 2011

13 Weeks

PhotobucketFriday, January 28th, marked 13 weeks and the end of the First Trimester. According to Babycenter, fingerprints have formed on the baby's tiny fingertips, the veins and organs are clearly visible through his/her still-thin skin, and the body is starting to catch up with his/her head — which makes up just a third of the body size now. The baby is almost 3 inches long (the size of a medium shrimp) and weighs nearly an ounce. Kaitlynn loves looking at the weekly BabyCenter update on the baby. I even showed her a few of her ultrasound pics. She also likes looking at the pics in the book my ob gave me. It is so neat to see her want to be so involved. She frequently asks me "how my baby is doing." She is going to be such a wonderful big sister! I registered Kaitlynn for another year of preschool in the Fall. Kaitlynn continued taking her eyedrops and I continued taking the prescribed headache medicine. The medicine was helping. I had to take it every 4 hours Thursday, but by Friday, I was able to manage just by taking a few doses. I joined Zulily and Groupon. What cool sites and amazing deals! I can't believe I hadn't joined previously. I found out a friend who is pregnant with twins was admitted into the hospital because the babies thought they were ready to be born just into about 24 weeks. How scary and frightening for her and her family. Kaitlynn, MawMaw and I went shopping to start looking at maternity clothes. My maternity clothes from Kaitlynn are all way too big. I don't need them right now, with the exception of some shirts because some of my regular shirts are too short. I'm not into wearing crop tops!! Trying on maternity clothes sure was an eye opener. Those shirts really accentuate the belly! This pregnancy all my weight gain is strictly in the tummy and no where else. With Kaitlynn, I gained weight all over. Now that I think back, I was probably mainly swollen. Saturday, the 29th, Kaitlynn had swim class. Pregnancy brain has been bad this week. I left Kaitlynn's boots on the deck by my chair at swim class. I remembered them after she got out of the shower in the locker room and thankfully they were still there. Earlier in the week, I was looking for the timer on the stove, which we threw away months ago and then I forgot how to write out a check. Kaitlynn continued taking her eye drops. I only took my headache medicine once. We attended evening church service. We continued our series "Life Audacious" on Phillipians and took a glimpse into the amazing hope that kept Paul going. PhotobucketPhotobucketKaitlynn attended her class in which they learned "Jesus loves us all the time." The heard the story of Jesus and his disciples (Luke 5-6, Matthew 5 and 26:20-30). Sunday, the 30th, we went to the Zoo for the Penguin Parade. It was cool getting to see the new baby leopard, too.
Before leaving the Zoo, my headache came back and with a vengence. I felt so nauseaus, too. It was horrible. I ended up taking the full dose every 4 hours the rest of the day. Monday, the 31st, my ob's office called about getting results of my thyroid test from my endo (which had called on the 28th and said everything was good). I told the nurse about how I was responding to the headache medicine and how I had a really bad headache on the 30th that wouldn't go away until after I went to bed. She talked to the ob and said as long as the medicine is managing the headaches, it should be OK. She also said I might need to add a few sodas to my daily routine to see if that helps manage them, even though the med has caffeine in it. Kaitlynn had a great dental check up! I am always so worried since that check up last year when the cavities were found. I don't want her or us to have to go through another dental procedure again! PhotobucketPhotobucket Thankfully the dental appointment was in the morning and was before the ice storm hit. It was just sleeting and getting a little slick out. We decided to make a quick grocery shopping trip and then cancel our plans for the rest of the day and just stay home. It was the perfect day for Kaitlynn to work on her Valentine's cards. I finally started writing in Kaitlynn's baby book - 4 years later. I had written things on a sheet of paper and stuck the paper in the baby book to transfer later and never did. I also updated her totsite from June 2008 to August 2010. I also started a totsite for the new baby. PhotobucketI ordered Kaitlynn's Valentine's photo cards and couldn't wait to get them. They are absolutely adorable! My Sacred Romance class was canceled due to the weather. Kaitlynn took her eye drops. I had to take a few doses of my headache medicine that morning and was fine the rest of the day. Before going to bed, we were alerted that Kaitlynn didn't have preschool the next day due to the weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment