Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Friday, April 1, 2011

15 Weeks and Birthdays

Friday, February 11th marked 15 weeks. According to Babycenter, the baby measures about 4 inches long, crown to rump, and weighs about 2 1/2 ounces (about the size of an apple). The baby's busy moving amniotic fluid through the nose and upper respiratory tract, which helps the primitive air sacs in the lungs begin to develop. The legs are growing longer than the arms now, and he/she can move all of his/her joints and limbs. Although the eyelids are still fused shut, the baby can sense light. There's not much for the baby to taste at this point, but he/she is forming taste buds. Photobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketKaitlynn and I baked Dave triple chocolate muffins and lemon cake with homemade lemon icing (and sprinkles) for his bday. We used a Valentine's Day bundt silicone pan for the lemon cake. Kaitlynn and I went to MawMaw's to take her to an appointment. On the way there, Kaitlynn fell asleep. While MawMaw was in the appointment, I went to get gas and sprained / twisted my left ankle at the gas station. What a way to start my birthday weekend off! We had dinner for Dave's birthday at Outback Steakhouse. So yum! Kaitlynn just had to wear her princess glass slippers to dinner. She, again, was the entainment at dinner - dancing at the table! PhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketLater Kaitlynn helped bake and ice Valentine's cookies. Saturday, the 12th, Kaitlynn had her first Start Smart class. They worked on soccer skills and basketball skills. Afterwards, Kaitlynn had swim class. We attended the Disney On Ice Skate Party at Webster Groves Ice Arena. Kaitlynn dressed as Cinderella. She made a Valentine to donate to an area senior and got a complimentary voucher for Disney on Ice. This was her first time ice skating and she loved it! It brought such a smile to my face to see her loving it so much! Some girl who started ice skating at a young age was giving Kaitlynn some pointers. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketMaking a Valentine for an area senior. PhotobucketPhotobucketGetting her ice skates on PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketOn the ice PhotobucketPhotobucketReceiving some pointers PhotobucketDoing it on her own! PhotobucketMy little Princess Cinderella ice skater! After ice skating, Kaitlynn decided to make another Valentine - to bring home. We talked to some girls who were on an ice skating team and they gave us some information on joining. Photobucket Kaitlynn told me that we couldn't celebrate my birthday the next day because she was tired of it! Silly girl! After Kaitlynn went to bed, Dave and I watched "Social Network." I did not like this movie at all. Enough said! Sunday, the 13th, was my 33rd birthday. For some silly reason, I woke up at 4AM and couldn't go back to sleep right away. Dave and Kaitlynn gave me breakfast in bed, beautiful red tulips and lovely birthday cards! Best compliments of the day: Kaitlynn said my hair looked pretty and that I looked pretty with my eyebrows! OK! I received lots of birthday wishes via facebook and text and really appreciated that warm birthday wishes. PhotobucketMy tulips and birthday cards PhotobucketKaitlynn in her Valentine's outfit We attended church. The series, "Life Audacious" continued with a message on pride. PhotobucketPhotobucketKaitlynn attended her class, where they learned "Jesus loves when we give. We can give hugs." They heard the story of the little boy who shared his lunch (Matthew 14:15-21, Mark 6:35-44, Luke 9:12-17, John 6:5-14). PhotobucketThat evening we went to dinner at Macaroni Grill with my family (just MawMaw and Jeff). It was quite an eventful dinner. Kaitlynn poked Jeff in the eye with a pen and oh my how that had to hurt. It was an accident. Fire trucks and paramedics were there, not for Jeff, but for another person at the restaurant. Kaitlynn enjoyed looking at the fire truck. I was serenaded with "Happy Birthday" in Italian. PhotobucketKaitlynn took this picture of Dave and me. PhotobucketPhotobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment