Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Tuesday, April 5, 2011

18 Weeks

Friday, March 4th marked 18 weeks. I am happy to report that I can still wear my non-maternity clothes! In fact, the only maternity clothes I am wearing are tops / shirts because many of my regular ones are too short now. I actually can not fit into any of my maternity clothes from Kaitlynn. They are all way too big. With her, I started wearing maternity clothes in my 2nd, definitely 3rd month. With her, I also gained weight everywhere - my face, my stomach, everywhere. This time around, I have only gained weight in my stomach. Photobucket According to Babycenter, head to rump, the baby is about 5 1/2 inches long (about the length of a bell pepper) and weighs almost 7 ounces. The baby's busy flexing his/her arms and legs — movements that you'll start noticing more and more in the weeks ahead. The blood vessels are visible through the thin skin, and the ears are now in their final position, although they're still standing out from the head a bit. A protective covering of myelin is beginning to form around the nerves, a process that will continue for a year after the baby's born. If I'm having a girl, her uterus and fallopian tubes are formed and in place. If I'm having a boy, his genitals are noticeable now, but he may hide them from you during an ultrasound. Kaitlynn and I worked on writing her Ks and on some worksheets. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Kaitlynn and I picked up MawMaw and lunch and went to the park, but it started raining while we were there, so we packed up and went back to MawMaw's house. Later Kaitlynn was able to go in the backyard with Daisy and play. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket She even tried climbing up the tree with Daisy. We took MawMaw to an appointment. While she was there, we went to a nearby park. Later, Dave met us at the mall so we could look for a pair of tennis shoes for Kaitlynn. MawMaw bought her a pair of Nikes for playing sports. Kaitlynn was asleep by 9:10PM and slept with her princess goggles on her forehead. Saturday, the 5th, Kaitlynn had her Start Smart class. She said she was tired during class and wanted to lay on the bleachers. They practiced t-ball, soccer (kicking the ball between the 2 cones)and throwing a ball at the square on the wall. She tried each thing for a few minutes at least once. Afterwards she had a snack and then had swimming. She didn't want to go to swimming, which is very weird for her because she loves swimming. At first, she refused to get in the water. She said she was nervous about Ms. Kim. I told her that Ms. Kim / Coach Kim was only there to help her and wanted to see her swim independently. She also had different instructors. She eventually got in the water. Joy and Jana were her instructors. Coach Kim came over and asked Kaitlynn to blow bubbles in the water and she did. Kaitlynn took a 2 hour nap after lunch. That evening we went to church. Before we got there, Kaitlynn asked which class she was going to. We told her the new class. The "Life Audacious" series continued with exploring what Paul had to say to people in his day that were completely missing the point. Kaitlynn attended her class. They learned "God wants us to give cheerfully." They heard the story of the "Widow Who Gave Everything." This is their 2nd week of "Story Time with Jesus". They are doing a giving project. Each child that wants to participate was asked to perform chores at home to earn money to give to Leukemia and Lymphoma Society in honor of the children who attend our church that have been diagnosed with Leukemia. Photobucket We went to Taco Bell for dinner. Kaitlynn asked me to hand her a cinnamon twist because she is a king and kings don't do that. I told her a king is a boy and she was not a boy. She told me that she is a king because she is a boy. She is so silly! Taco Bell had some coloring pages and she colored a St. Patrick's one, actually she delegated it out to Dave - telling him which color to color each part. Photobucket Baby had hiccups that afternoon and was moving around when I laid down for bed. Kaitlynn didn't get to bed until after 10PM since we went to the later church service and went out for dinner afterwards. Sunday, the 6th, I woke up early and couldn't go back to sleep for awhile, so I did some laundry. Baby was moving, also. We attended the Delta Dental Winter Zoo Family Style Mardi Gras. We got Mardi Gras beads when we arrived. Kaitlynn got her face painted. She got a unicorn (which she thought was a pony). We ran into an old friend of mine and met her boys. We watched the Delta Dental show, Kaitlynn decorated a North Star penguin visor, had a vanilla ice cream and got her picture taken with the North Star penguin. She made a mardi gras mask, made a penguin and participated in an activity. We went to Lakeside Cafe for lunch, where she made a penguin magnet and walked like a penguin. After lunch, we saw the sun bears and got a spot to see the Penguin Parade. I got sick right before the penguin parade started and had to sit down. I felt extremely nauseaus, dizzy and felt like I was going to pass out. We ended up missing the Mardi Gras parade because they changed locations and I was still not feeling too well.
That evening we went to the mall so Kaitlynn could do some clothes shopping for her birthday. We went to Gymboree and Children's Place, then had dinner at California Pizza Kitchen. We walked around for a bit after dinner. Kaitlynn also received a few more birthday presents to open. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Photobucket Kaitlynn was asleep by 9:20PM. Monday, the 7th, Kaitlynn and I attended Monday Makeover. We went to Babies R Us and then had lunch at Bread Co. On the way to my doctor's office, I showed Kaitlynn my old apartment. Photobucket She has a new imaginary friend. She told me that it was Texi's birthday. She said she wears a purple polka dot dress and they met at the gym. She started talking to her on her princess cell phone about Texi's birthday party. Later Kaitlynn asked me if we ate healthy. I told her we tried to. She started talking about what happened to Panda Bear when she was drinking soda and eating candy and how that made her tired (from the Delta Dental show at the Zoo). She really seemed to take a lot from that show. I had to take my car in to get the headlight changed. Kaitlynn fell asleep on the way there, but woke up shortly after we got there. We ended up walking around until the car was ready. Then we picked up MawMaw and took her to an appointment. Baby was moving throughout the afternoon and at bedtime. Kaitlynn went to sleep around 9:30PM. I got my first charly horse (for this pregnancy). Boy, they hurt!

No comments:

Post a Comment