Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Tuesday, April 12, 2011

20 Weeks and First Day of Spring

Friday, March 18th, marked 20 weeks. According to BabyCenter, the baby weighs about 10 1/2 ounces now. He's also around 6 1/2 inches long from head to bottom and about 10 inches from head to heel — the length of a banana. (For the first 20 weeks, when a baby's legs are curled up against his torso and hard to measure, measurements are taken from the top of his head to his bottom — the "crown to rump" measurement. After 20 weeks, he's measured from head to toe.)He's swallowing more these days, which is good practice for his digestive system. He's also producing meconium, a black, sticky by-product of digestion. This gooey substance will accumulate in his bowels, and you'll see it in his first soiled diaper (some babies pass meconium in the womb or during delivery). Photobucket I've hit the halfway mark. The top of my uterus is about level with my belly button. According to BabyCenter, it's commonto have gained around 10 pounds. Expect to gain another pound or so each week from now on. I am happy to report at this point, I have about 7lbs. I am still wearing my wedding rings and many of my regular clothes. I still can't wear maternity pants, but do like maternity tops because they are longer. Friday was the funeral service and burial. As I got Kaitlynn ready, I tlaked to her about what was going to happen at the funeral and the burial. We picked up MawMaw and then went to the funeral home. Kaitlynn asked many questions. We made sure she understood he was not sleeping. She eventually felt comfortable enough to go into the chapel (where the casket and body were) for the service. She did excellent through the service and sat very still taking it all in. She did great at the burial / grave site as well. We took MawMaw home, went home to change our clothes and went to the dinner / family gathering afterwards. Baby moved around some. Kaitlynn was asleep at 10PM. Saturday, the 19th, Kaitlynn attended her last Start Smart class. Kaitlynn received a book about being a good sport. Ms. Tori, a previous swim instructor, taught the Start Smart class. They played catch with their mitt / ball glove, soccer and hit the ball. Kaitlynn helped Ms. Tori clean up after class. She ate a snack and then went to swim class. She had her previous session's swim instructor Sarah and Mags. There were 6 kids in the class. They got their face wet right at the start. Kaitlynn said hi to Coach Kim. Later Coach Kim asked Kaitlynn to show the new boy how to get his face wet and blow bubbles. Kaitlynn showed him. After class, she took a shower in the locker room. We went home, relaxed, ate lunch and I napped. Later, we went to Babies R Us so we could take advantage of a great deal they had on Pampers. Kaitlynn fell asleep in the car. When we arrived at church, she had a hard time waking up and didn't want to go to her class. Betsy took her and showed her the new stage and fish. She had a great time. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketKaitlynn learned "We can learn about God at church." They read The First Church (Acts 2:42-47). The "Life Audacious" series continued with a look at how we can have the endurance to press on (as Paul did). After church, Kaitlynn had hot chocolate. She played outside with Lever while I cleaned the dining room and kitchen tables off (and of course kept an eye on her outside). We ate dinner. I finished putting Kaitlynn's old clothes in space saver bags. Many of the clothes were clothes she wore when my dad (PawPaw Dado) was still alive or when he was in the hospital. It brought back many memories. I went through all of her old clothes and pulled out the unisex clothing. I was surprised by how much we actually had because I didn't remember Kaitlynn having many clothes that weren't pink or purple or very girly. Kaitlynn went to sleep about 9:55PM. Baby moved around some and I had heartburn (from the pizza for lunch and ravioli for dinner). Sunday, the 20th, was the first day of Spring. Dave had school work to do, so I cleaned out Kaitlynn's room (the nursery) with totes. I bought more space saver bags. Kaitlynn fell asleep in the car, when we headed out to run errands. She napped for about an hour. Later she rode her bike and jeep in the front yard. She was in bed by about 9:30PM. I felt baby moving around. Monday, the 21st, it was a beautiful day I tried to get Kaitlynn to go to the park early in the day, but she didn't want to. She wanted to stay inside and play with her toys and watch some tv. Later we picked up MawMaw to take her to an appointment. While she was in her appointment, Kaitlynn and I went to Yo My Goodness and took our frozen yogurt to the park. Kaitlynn liked swinging at the park. She took a short nap in the car. When we got to MawMaw's, she played outside with Daisy. We went to Target and to Applebee's. PhotobucketPhotobucketMawMaw bought the baby another outfit. PhotobucketKaitlynn and I picked these out for the baby. Kaitlynn kept asking what the baby's name is and she also asked if the baby was going to be a puppy. At bedtime, Kaitlynn was complaining of her stomach hurting, so she didn't get to sleep til about 10PM. Baby was moving around.

No comments:

Post a Comment