Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Saturday, April 2, 2011

Kaitlynn's 4th Birthday, 22nd Week of Dance and 25th Week of Preschool

Monday, February 21st, Kaitlynn played her Leapster Explorer most of the day. In fact, she was up playing it at 7:15AM. I was so glad to have the recharger system because we already had to replace the batteries. She also tried out her Barbie skates and played with the dragon boat in the bath tub. She was running a very low grade fever most of the day, so I gave her Tylenol through out the day to try to help it from getting any higher. We went to MawMaw's because we had an appointment to take her to. Kaitlynn napped in the car. She was hard to wake up at dinner and very crabby. Eventually, she snapped out of it and played her Leapster Explorer and did some artwork. PhotobucketPhotobucket At bedtime, we read "Ten on the Sled," "The Best Thing About Valentine's," and "Countdown to Valentine's Day." Kaitlynn had a hard time going to bed. I guess due to the late nap she took. Tuesday, the 22nd, Kaitlynn didn't attend her dance class or preschool because of running the very low grade fever, which she still was. I talked to her teacher about celebrating her birthday at school on Thursday or next Tuesday, since the policy is she has to be fever free without the use of medicine for 24 hours. I took her out to pick up Sonic for lunch and she fell asleep in the car. She napped for over an hour. She didn't sleep very well Monday night going into Tuesday, so she needed the nap. We were supposed to go to the Blues' hockey game but canceled because of the fever issue. After Kaitlynn went to sleep, she woke up coughing. I bought the deal on Groupon for 3 Olympiad gymnastics classes. Kaitlynn has been asking to do gymnastics, so we might give it a try this summer (and hope the class doesn't get canceled). I'm sure we will have better luck with the class not being canceled going somewhere like Olympiad. The classes we've tried signing her up for at Riverchase kept being canceled. Wednesday, the 23rd, Kaitlynn turned 4 years old. I can't believe 4 years ago at 4:49AM, this sweet princess and love bug was born to us. What a wonderful blessing and true miracle she is! She continues to amaze us everyday. Kaitlynn's temperature was getting back to normal. It was never too high. I took her to Steak n Shake for a birthday lunch. We enjoyed a chocolate shake with our meals! We went to MawMaw's because she wanted to take Kaitlynn shopping and to dinner for her birthday. At the store, Kaitlynn chose a double doll stroller for her present. For dinner, she chose Applebee's.
Later, I noticed my temperature became a little elevated, so I started taking Tylenol to control it. I don't know what's up with our temperatures. I was also having pain in the middle of my stomach on the right side. I think it's ligament pain. Thursday, the 24th, when Kaitlynn woke up Dave gave her purple and pink Gerber Daisies (for her birthday). She loved them! Kaitlynn was able to attend preschool, so she got ready and we packed her snack (apples and fritos). I came back up to school at snack time to bring cupcakes, Tangled / Rapunzel napkins and treat bags. After snack, I read Kaitlynn and another little boy (Tyler) a couple books. For some reason, Kaitlynn didn't want me to go, but I thought it was best, so I didn't interfere with music and the rest of their day.
When I picked Kaitlynn up, the daily schedule said they did Yoga, played a royal memory game, played in coffee sand, celebrated Kaitlynn's birthday (of course) and in music listened to "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom." The February Healthy Kids Newsletter came out and was about depression in children. PhotobucketPhotobucket After Dave got home and after dinner, we had a final birthday celebration for Kaitlynn (1 day late). We lit the birthday candle and had cake and ice cream.
On facebook, I decided to take a poll of what people thought the gender of the baby was going to be. At Kaitlynn's birthday party, Trina said girl, Emily said girl and Trisha said boy. On facebook, I received 3 responses: Jenn P said boy, Charly F said boy and Tia said girl.

No comments:

Post a Comment