Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Wednesday, April 13, 2011

Spring Break and 21 Weeks

Tuesday, March 22nd, I woke up with pains on my right side of my back, knee and stomach, similar to the original pains from the ruptured ovarian cyst in December. I took some Tylenol and it felt better through out the day. I goofed and misunderstood Ms. Julie's voicemail about dance class. Originally they were not supposed to have dance due to spring break, but there was talk they the class might meet with the Thursday class to practicie recital stuff. I got Kaitlynn dressed and went to class, but it was closed. Upon listening to the message again, I realized she didn't have class. Ooops! Kaitlynn didn't have preschool this week either due to spring break. We went to MawMaw's. Kaitlynn had her read the "Diggingest Dog" before we could leave for the Zoo. Parking was crazy at the Zoo. It seemed everyone must have had the same plans. By the time we found a parking spot, it was lunch time, so we headed to the cafe. After lunch, we saw the bears, penguins, Kaitlynn and MawMaw rode the carousel, we saw the sun bears, apes, went to big cat country, saw the zebras, giraffes, went through the bird cage and saw the apes again. We had a good time and had nice weather for our first spring trip.
Kaitlynn fell asleep after we left the Zoo. I took MawMaw home and Kaitlynn and I headed home. When Dave got home from work, we left to go meet MawMaw, my brother, his wife and kids for a birthday dinner at Red Robin's. At first, Kaitlynn hid from them when they got there. She doesn't get to see them very often, probaby 3-5 times per year. Nate and Sis asked if she wanted to go play games with them and that got her up and running around with them. We had a good time celebrating Sis's birthday. After dinner, we went to the store for a quick errand. The cashier gave us a bag that wasn't ours, so Dave and Kaitlynn took it back in. Kaitlynn ran out of the store by herself into the parking lot. Dave came running out after to grab her. We couldn't believe she did that. We had a long talk about that on the way home. Since we got home so late, Kaitlynn didn't get to bed until late. Baby was moving around. Wednesday, the 23rd, Kaitlynn and I just hung around the house. Kaitlynn went to bed early that evening. She was asleep by 8:15PM. Thursday, the 24th, I worked on clearing out Kaitlynn's armoire, dresser and closet and organized her hair things. I also started clearing out the dresser, chest of drawers and closet in the extra bedroom. We are moving Kaitlynn to the bigger of the 2 bedrooms. Later that evening, Kaitlynn and I picked up Cecil Whittakers for dinner and met Dave at home. Kaitlynn had a hard time falling asleep. She didn't fall asleep until about 10:15. Baby was moving around. Friday, the 25th, marked 21 weeks. According to BabyCenter, the baby now weighs about three-quarters of a pound and is approximately 10 1/2 inches long — the length of a carrot. You may soon feel like he's practicing martial arts as his initial fluttering movements turn into full-fledged kicks and nudges. You may also discover a pattern to hisr activity as you get to know him better. In other developments, the baby's eyebrows and lids are present now. Photobucket I continued cleaning out the dresser, chest of drawers and closet in the extra bedroom. I also moved some of Kaitlynn's clothes out of her closet and into her new closet. We ran some errands - groceries. We were in desperate need of fruits and vegetables! Baby was moving around. Kaitlynn fell asleep on the couch around 9:30PM. I just let her sleep there all night. Saturday, the 26th, Dave ran 10 miltes in his training for the half marathon! How amazing! I can't believe he ran 10 miles. Well, actually I can. I guess I mean, I can't believe after training for only 3 months he was at that point. Kaitlynn attended swim class. Mags and Joy were her instructors. There were 7 kids in her class. They dove for rings, practiced kicking, arm circles and floating. Kaitlynn and this boy were splashing each other while waiting for their turns to go out individually with the instructors. They practiced pushing off the wall, did torpedos and jumped in to the instructors. Kaitlynn got a pair of new goggles - Speedo ones earlier in the week. She wore them at first, but then later decided she didn't want to wear them. After lunch, Dave and I moved the bedrooms around. We moved furniture for over 6 hours. We treated ourselves to El Nopal for dinner. Kaitlynn slept in her new room. She was in bed about 9:30. Sunday, the 27th, I woke up at 3:30AM and couldn't go back to sleep for a few hours. I had heartburn and baby was moving. Later I worked on organizing and getting Kaitlynn's new room set up. She had input as well. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket We went to McDonald's for dinner and so Kaitlynn could play. She has been kind of stuck in the house the last few days with us moving furniture around. Kaitlynn has been asking about PawPaw since his passing, either every day or every other. She mainly asks if he is OK. We just go through what happened to him and remind her that he is dead. Since she had been bringing him up, I thought I would read a few books from the Grief and Loss bag from the lending library at her school. We read "Goodbye Mouse" and "Lifetimes." She was excited about the books at the beginning, but by the time I was done reading the 2nd book, she was done hearing about death. I let her watch a movie before bed. She was asleep by 9:20PM. Monday, the 28th, Kaitlynn and I worked on a few worksheets. PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketKaitlynn is not big on writing. On the way to MawMaw's, Kaitlynn napped in the car. She slept about an hour and a half. After MawMaw's appointment, we went to the mall. MawMaw got her a special cart / stroller. At Macy's, Kaitlynn got upset about something and ran off whining. When I asked her what was wrong, she said she missed PawPaw. We talked about her feelings and she was fine. Dave did the bedtime routine and got Kaitlynn to bed. Baby moved around some.

No comments:

Post a Comment