Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Friday, April 1, 2011

Valentine's Day, 21st Week of Dance and 24th Week of Preschool

Monday, February 14th was obviously Valentine's Day. Kaitlynn and I spent the day together, then we went to MawMaw's because she had an appointment to go to. MawMaw watched Kaitlynn while I attended the last Sacred Romance class. Tuesday, the 15th, Kaitlynn had dance class. She took Ms. Julie the foam heart she painted for her and we also put candy in a cute little Valentine jar. After dance, we ate lunch and got ready for preschool. Kaitlynn took her teachers the foam hearts she painted for them and a Valentine's jar with candy for each. We received a calendar in regards to the make up snow days. Kaitlynn's class will make up 2 days on 2 Fridays. PhotobucketKaitlynn's stop sign was sent home because they took down the artwork in the hall to put up artwork for "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom." The stop sign was from a different book they read a few months back. Dave and I both came up for Kaitlynn's Valentine's Party at preschool. We brought the Valentine's cups, napkins and a craft. We made stained glass hearts - with wax paper, crayon shavings and an iron. PhotobucketPutting her Valentine's cards in her classmates' Valentine's bags. PhotobucketMaking a Valentine craft - Valentine flower. PhotobucketPhotobucketPlaying a game PhotobucketAnother game PhotobucketMaking a Valentine photo frame PhotobucketDave ironing the stained glass hearts PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketKaitlynn openend up her Valentine's gift from mommy and daddy. Hanna watched Kaitlynn at MawMaw's so Dave and I could celebrate Valentine's Day. We went to Chuy Arzola's for dinner and then to see Black Swan. Black Swan was not my type of movie. Wednesday, the 16th, I woke up with a sore throat, a headache and an ear ache. Kaitlynn prepared for preschool and we packed snack (vanilla yogurt and cheez-its). One of Kaitlynn's teachers sent her a thank you home for the Valentine's gift. The daily schedule said they read "Chicka Chicka Boom Boom," used letter builders to create capital and lower case letters, painted with letter stamps, went outside and in music sang / listened to "BINGO." Kaitlynn took a nap in the car. We went to MawMaw's where she continued to nap. It was a beautiful 72 degree day! I ended the evening with heartburn. Thursday, the 17th, I woke up with a headache and had to take the prescribed medicine. When Dave was leaving for work, Kaitlynn said "Looking good daddy!" So cute! Later that morning, Kaitlynn was pretending to call the police on me to take me to jail, so I told her I was going to call them on her too. She said she would miss my eyelashes and comfy arms. I don't know what her deal is with my eyelashes lately. That afternoon, Kaitlynn prepared for preschool and we packed her snack (apple and goldfish). When we got to her classroom, she "read" a book to Dave and me - it was "Pete the Cat." I couldn't believe that she remember all the words on the pages. Amazing! The daily schedule said they learned a new yoga pose - the boat, they practiced a fire drill. played with moon sand, made letters by rolling play dough, played outside on the playground and in music sang / listened to "BINGO" and "ABC Rock." Photobucket When I picked Kaitlynn up, she was so excited to show me the moon sand. Kaitlynn took a nap after preschool. She has been so tired after school lately.

No comments:

Post a Comment