Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

22 Weeks

Friday, April 1st marked 22 weeks. According to BabyCenter, at 11 inches (the length of a spaghetti squash) and almost 1 pound, the baby is starting to look like a miniature newborn. His lips, eyelids, and eyebrows are becoming more distinct, and he's even developing tiny tooth buds beneath his gums. His eyes have formed, but his irises (the colored part of the eye) still lack pigment. If you could see inside the womb, you'd be able to spot the fine hair (lanugo) that covers his body and the deep wrinkles on his skin, which he'll sport until he adds a padding of fat to fill them in. Inside his belly, his pancreas — essential for the production of some important hormones — is developing steadily.
PhotobucketActually taken at 22 weeks and 3 days.


Kaitlynn made some Easter crafts.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


Baby moved most of the day and night. Kaitlynn had a hard time falling asleep that evening and ended up not falling asleep until about 10:30.


Saturday, the 2nd, Kaitlynn had swim class. Joy and a new lady (to Kaitlynn's class) named Jody were the instructors. There were 7 kids in the class. They dove for rings, practiced kicking, floating and floating with the kickboard. Kaitlynn would only go out in the water with Jody. They practiced arm circles and did the rcoketship 2 times and torpedo 2 times. Kaitlynn chose not to take a shower after swim in the locker room. She picked dandelions (which she called daisylions) for Turtle on the way to the car from swim class. When we got home, she played in the backyard with the dogs and after lunch rode her jeep around the block with Dave. She got upset because she wanted to drive it up to the main street, which Dave was obviously against, so they came home. I napped while they spent time together. I napped for 4 hours! Then it was Dave's turn to nap, so Kaitlynn and I played with her Little People blocks and went to get dinner. On the way, she fell asleep in the car. She napped for less than 2 hours. She ate dinner, we watched some of the movie "Monsters, Inc." and she got ready for bed.

While we were talking that day, she told Dave and I that she kissed Max (friend from school that she has been saying is going to marry her) on the lips. Dave and I looked at each other. I told her that we should only kiss our friends on the cheek. She looked at me with a smile and said "on the lips." That girl knows how to get to us!!!

Baby moved around a bit and I had heartburn. I also had 1 or 2 Braxton Hicks contractions in the shower. They really do feel like a charly horse without the spasm.


Sunday, the 3rd, I was still awake at 1AM and unfortunately so was Kaitlynn. We read several of her new books from Scholastics like "Dancing Class," "Princess Penelope," and "Princess Party." Kaitlynn also watched "Fox and the Hound 2." She finally fell asleep. I was up until 4AM. Baby was moving and I was folding and putting away Kaitlynn's laundry. I woke up at 9AM because I was having pressure in my lower abdomen and was crampy. I also had to use the bathroom. First time I have had to wake up to go potty this whole pregnancy (except in the beginning when I had the ruptured cyst).

While we were laying in bed, Kaitlynn was walking across our bed and I had just got done telling her not to be walking on our bed because she could hurt me or the baby, as she fell. Her head hit my head, my right eye to be exact. It was so sore and red. It didn't phase her at all.

Later we took Kaitlynn to the park. It was such a beautiful day for it. The high was 90 degrees- a record breaker! She played on the playground and then we walked around the trail. Of course, she found a tree to climb, also.
Photobucket

We went to the mall to look for Kaitlynn a spring jacket and to use our Children's Place cash. Children's Place didn't have any spring jackets and we had already done quite a bit of spring and some summer shopping for Kaitlynn there previously, so we bought some things for the baby.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket


We found a spring jacket at Macy's. It's a Hello Kitty blue jean jacket. Kaitlynn loves it! While there, Dave noticed that I had a black eye. I couldn't believe I was walking around the mall with a black eye! Lovely!!!

While there, I found my "Push Gift". It's a $300 margarita maker! HaHa!

Kaitlynn napped for about an hour. We grilled. She played with Bailey outside, then with Lever and Sassy. Later we went to Dairy Queen for a sweet treat. Kaitlynn's sleeping is a little messy since moving to the new room. She didn't go to sleep until after 10:30. It's to be expected with the transition, though.

Monday, the 4th, Kaitlynn and I picked MawMaw up from work. Kaitlynn napped in the car for a few hours. We took MawMaw to a doctor appointment, then went to the mall to have dinner and do some shopping. It was another late night of sleep for Kaitlynn.

Baby moved around a bit.

4 comments:

  1. So you are a few weeks ahead of me. Congrats!

    I love that you said baby moved a bit. I am still waiting for my first feelings of movement. It will make this all seem so much more real. lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. It was so fun reading about your pregnancy. I sure miss those days. I love that you are documenting everything. You will be so glad to have that one day. So will your kids.
    How funny that your daughter kissed a boy on the lips and taunted ya'll with it. Sounds like something I would have done as a little one. LOL Have a great weekend

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes it is good to remember these days of pregnancy. Kaitlyn jumping on the bed, going to mall. Kissing also :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're more than half way through! I also love that you are journaling.

    ReplyDelete