Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

24 Weeks

Friday, April 15th, marked 24 weeks. According to BabyCenter, the baby's growing steadily, having gained about 4 ounces since the previous week. That puts him at just over a pound. Since he's almost a foot long (picture an ear of corn), he cuts a pretty lean figure at this point, but his body is filling out proportionally and he'll soon start to plump up. His brain is also growing quickly now, and his taste buds are continuing to develop. His lungs are developing "branches" of the respiratory "tree" as well as cells that produce surfactant, a substance that will help his air sacs inflate once he hits the outside world. His skin is still thin and translucent, but that will start to change soon.


Kaitlynn watched the Spring-a-thon on Nickelodeon. We picked MawMaw up from work and had lunch. MawMaw watched Kaitlynn so I could attend a meeting at Kaitlynn's school. I am on the Photo Committee. We interviewed several companies and individuals about taking the schools photos for next school year. There was a tornado warning / watch for our area. During the meeting, it rained and hailed. Thankfully it stopped by the time the meeting was over with for my drive to MawMaw's house. At MawMaw's, Kaitlynn played in the rain and played with moon sand. Kaitlynn took a 45 minute nap. We had dinner and then Kaitlynn got ready for bed (bath, pjs, books, brushed teeth, devotional and music). She was asleep about 9:30PM.

Baby moved around. I had braxton hicks contractions.

This day, I was thankful for mom watching Kaitlynn, the photographers at Go St. Louis, Kaitlynn's school valuing the input of the parents, no tornado or severe weather damage in our area.

Saturday, the 16th, I had heartburn and woke up from a charly horse. Kaitlynn's t-ball game was canceled due to the fields being too wet. Kaitlynn and I attended the On the Go event, where she had a helmet fitting. Her helmet was too small, so we purchased a new one. Kaitlynn loved the school bus ride. She chose to sit in the back and made sure her seat belt was on.


We went home for lunch and then attended her friend Bailey's birthday party, which was at Chuck E Cheese. At the party she saw her friend Dominic from school, who was celebrating his birthday. She hung out with him most of the time the in the game area. Kaitlynn was really tired from her busy day. After we left the party, she fell asleep in the car.


We met Dave at home and then went to church. I served on the Communion team. The Life Audacious series was wrapped up with a look at Paul's parting words from his letter to the Phillipians.

Kaitlynn attended her class. They had a parade for Jesus and learned "Jesus is King, and we can worship Him." Matthew 21:1-11. They also got palm since the 17th was Palm Sunday.


We had a late dinner and then got Kaitlynn home to get her ready for bed. She was asleep about 10PM. Baby moved around. Actually, he was kicking while I was holding the juice tray during communion. I had some braxton hicks contractions (tightness on my right side).

This day, I felt gratitude for the helmet fitting, a friend bringing by maternity clothes to share with me, church, family dinner and Dave doing the bedtime routine with Kaitlynn.

Sunday, the 17th, my legs were hurting. Kaitlynn played her Leapster and we played hide and seek in the bedroom. That evening we went to the mall to use Gymboree bucks.

PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket Some of baby's new clothes.

We played Yahtzee Jr. with some family. Kaitlynn was hiding behind a chair with a bottle of spray butte. I told her she shouldn't do things behind my back or hide from me and that Jesus was watching her. She said "Where is He?" and went to the window. I told her He was watching from Heaven and was in her heart. She said "In here?" pointing to her heart. Dave did the bedtime routine with Kaitlynn. She was asleep about 10PM. Baby moved around and I had heartburn.

This day, I was thankful for getting to rest and Kaitlynn's good behavior.

Monday, the 18th, Kaitlynn and I attended Monday Makeover. 2 of the ladies weren't able to come, so it just ended up being Kaitlynn, me and another woman. After MM, we went to MawMaw's to see Daisy's new haircut. She was supposed to be shaved like a lion, but the groomer messed it up.


When Kaitlynn saw her, she said "She's adorable!" They played in the backyard, we picked up lunch and slurpees and went to the park. Kaitlynn was so funny at the park. She enjoyed watching the workers clean the park and even asked for her notebook to journal about them. She wanted to help them rake the leaves, too.


We went back to MawMaw's and Kaitlynn and Daisy played in the backyard some more. Later we went to dinner. Kaitlynn fell asleep in the car at 7:15PM. We went home and I put her in her bed for the night. I did some laundry and watched "Khloe and Lamar" and "Bethenny Ever After." Baby moved around. I had heartburn and a headache through out the day.

This day, I was grateful for Monday Makeover, mom being free to go to lunch and the park, a beautiful day and having lunch at the park.

No comments:

Post a Comment