Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Saturday, June 25, 2011

25 Weeks and Good Friday

Friday, April 22nd, marked 25 weeks. According to BabyCenter, head to heels, the baby measures about 13 1/2 inches. His weight — a pound and a half — isn't much more than an average rutabaga, but he's beginning to exchange his long, lean look for some baby fat. As he does, his wrinkled skin will begin to smooth out and he'll start to look more and more like a newborn. He's also growing more hair — and if you could see it, you'd now be able to discern its color and texture.


We woke up to severe thunderstorm warning for our area. Kaitlynn and I went to MawMaw's because she was going to watch Kaitlynn while Dave and I attended her Parent / Teacher Conference. The conference went well. I was surprised at the information shown and given during it. There were several reports written up and lots of pictures to accompany the reports. There was a general report and then one on physical, social and literacy.



After the conference, Dave and I went to our church's Good Friday Experience titled The Grace Project. The experience took us through Jesus last hours before his crucifixion, which is the greatest picture of grace. I love these experiences. They really make things real, make me think of things in a different light and really give a glimpse of Jesus' final hours.

We went back to MawMaw's and all of us went to dinner to Casa. While there, severe weather started rolling in. Sirens were going off at the restaurant and on our drive home. We made it home safely and got Kaitlynn to bed. Baby moved around. I woke up with heartburn and watched the news about tornado damage in nearby areas.

This day, I was grateful for being safe and untouched by the tornado / severe weather, church, the Grace Project, Kaitlynn's school and teachers and mom watching her while we went to conference and project.

Saturday, the 23rd, I woke up to hearing that the Governor declared a state of emergency. The damage to nearby areas is just devasting. Thankfully no one lost their life. What a miracle that was! Kaitlynn woke up crying having a nightmare about a dragon. Daisy was a blue dragon and Kaitlynn was trying to cross the street and couldn't find us. She said she couldn't dream or think of princesses because she couldn't get this boy stuff out of her head. I talked to her about the Princess Penelope book (one of her favorite books right now). She finally went back to sleep about an hour later. We attended a local church's 2nd Annual Easter Egg Hunt (we also attended last year). We registered for the Egg Hunt, made a guess on the amount of jelly beans in the jar, then went to the Sanctuary for a short program (sang a song, did the Resurrection eggs and prayed). Kaitlynn had the 12th resurrection egg. She was so cute going up there by herself to open the egg. The egg hunt started. It was nice because the kids were separated by ages. Her group was just pre-k and kindergarten. She found a lot of eggs and had a lot of fun.


We made a stop to Target and Kaitlynn had a snack while Dave grabbed some last minute Easter stuff. Then we went to an Easter Egg hunt at a local park. This was the first year we went to this one. Because of the storms we weren't sure if they would still be having it, but they did. It was a little muddy, but the kids had a good time. Kaitlynn got her picture taken with the Easter Bunny. Her shoes and legs were so muddy after the hunt.


We went home and changed her into her Easter dress and went to the mall. I won a free Easter photo package from MLM for the Easter Bunny at the mall. The line wasn't too long thankfully. Kaitlynn didn't mind sitting on the Easter Bunny's lap and we got a great picture.


She rode a ride, we went to Fannie Mae's where she got a free sample of chocolate, went to Auntie Anne's for pretzels and then Red Mango for a free sample of frozen yogurt. At the mall, Kaitlynn was singing "God you are great! We love you! Hey, hey!" It was so cute!


We went to Babies R Us to purchase some Pampers that were on a great deal. It started storming while in the store. After the storm, we headed home to dye Easter eggs.


We played the matching game that came with the egg dye several times while waiting for the dye on the eggs to dry so Kaitlynn could put stickers on them.


It stormed some more. After dinner, Kaitlynn got ready for bed and was asleep around 9PM. I filled the plastic Easter eggs with money and candy, fixed her Easter basket and got things together to take to MawMaw's the next day. Baby moved around and I had heartburn.

This day, I was grateful for no tornado, egg hunts, family time, Easter picture at the mall, Kaitlynn having fun and the rain not messing up our plans.

No comments:

Post a Comment