Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Monday, July 11, 2011

26 Weeks

Friday, April 29th, marked 26 weeks. According to BabyCenter, the network of nerves in the baby's ears is better developed and more sensitive than before. He may now be able to hear our voices as we chat with each other. He's inhaling and exhaling small amounts of amniotic fluid, which is essential for the development of his lungs. These so-called breathing movements are also good practice for when he's born and takes that first gulp of air. And he's continuing to put on baby fat. He now weighs about a pound and two-thirds and measures 14 inches (an English hothouse cucumber) from head to heel. His testicles are beginning to descend into his scrotum — a trip that will take about two to three days.
Photobucket

Kaitlynn played with her Zhu Zhu pets, Barbies before lunch. After lunch, she got ready for preschool. It was a snow day makeup. For snack, she chose a granola bar and raisins. After I took her to school, I went to get the glucose tolerance test. I couldn't do the test though, because I was supposed to fast. I went back home, did dishes and watched my soaps. I picked Kaitlynn up from school. The daily schedule said they read "Grumpy Bird," planted flowers in the community garden, released their worms into the garden and went outside to play on the playground.

After school, I had to get Kaitlynn ready for her professional pictures in her dance recital costume. I was so nervous about keeping the costume clean and not tearing it. I almost had a heart attack. It went by pretty fast. Thankfully Ms. Julie and Mrs. B were there. Mrs. B was posing all the girls. Kaitlynn looked darling. I can't wait to get the pictures back. Ms. Julie introduced Kaitlynn to her girls. As cute as Kaitlynn looked in her costume, I couldn't wait to get it off (because I didn't want it to get messed up). We went to get special drinks afterwards. I called the male cashier a woman. I'd like to just blame that on pregnancy brain.

At home, we cleaned the trash out of the car and then rested until Dave got home. Kaitlynn told me about them releasing the worms in the garden at school and said they didn't squish them. She said Ms. M (her teacher) said the worms didn't have teeth to bite them. We went to El Nopal for dinner. After dinner, I was having Braxton Hicks. My stomach got so tight and hard, it felt like it was going to burst. I was sore and felt a little bruised afterwards.

Kaitlynn took a bath and got ready for bed with Dave. She was asleep after 9PM. Dave and I watched "Back Up Plan." Baby moved around.

I was grateful for the snow day makeup, the photography place being so close by since I was freaking out about Kaitlynn having her costume on, Mrs. B and Ms. Julie being there and I didn't need to use the road that was flooded by our house for any reason that day.

Saturday, the 30th, Dave felt the baby move while we were watching the movie. My arms and legs have been so itchy the last few weeks to a month. I can tell when the baby is going to move because it feels like a little air bubble first. When Kaitlynn woke up, she said she wants her teachers, Ms. E and Ms. A to come over to her house for a visit and bring Max.

She finally had her first T-ball practice. The last 3 weeks, it's been canceled due to the fields being to wet to play on. When we first got to the park, Kaitlynn said she had a headache. She played at the playground first.
Photobucket

We went over to sign her in, she played on the field with Dave until practice started. They were throwing the ball back and forth to each other. When it was time for parents to get off the field, Dave just walked off without telling Kaitlynn what was going on. That confused her and she didn't want to stay on the field either. I talked to her and was able to get her to go with her group. She stayed with a female instructor. The kids were broke into 3 groups of 5-6 kids. Kaitlynn was on the field and participated with her group for about 30 minutes.
PhotobucketPhotobucket

Then the groups combined and started running the bases. One of the female instructors / helpers left the field and it kind of upset Kaitlynn. She started to cry and told the other female instructor that she missed her mom. I went on the field and tried to talk her into going back over with the group, but she refused. We watched the rest of the practice, which was just about 10 minutes left. Kaitlynn said she didn't like it and didn't want to play. She said she was afraid of the other kids. I think she was just nervous, shy or intimidated. After practice, she played at the playground for awhile before we went home.

Sometimes, I get so upset with Kaitlynn when I see mine or Dave's negative qualities come out in her - like when she is afraid to try something new, when she is hard on herself (perfectionism), stubborn and / or says she can't. I don't take that out on her, but it does make me sad. I try to make sure that I listen to her and not push her too much. I hate to see our negative qualities in her. I guess because I feel responsible for her feeling that way. I know that some of it is just typical and everyone feels that way at some time or another. I just hate seeing my beautiful, talented, most amazing little girl ever feel that way about herself. She is amazing and perfect in my eyes. She can do anything she puts her mind to. God has given her so many talents!

At home, she helped Dave mow the lawn. She had her bubble mower out.
Photobucket

She helped me pick up sticks and weeds in the front yard. I continued to itch really bad and remembered reading something online about an acquaintance having that problem during pregnancy. That person had ICP. So of course I googled it and read lots of things on it. I was scared and convinced that I might have it. It is an issue with your liver during pregnancy and can cause complications with the baby. The only thing was that I was not itching on the palm of my hands or soles of my feet. I was itching on my arms, hands, feet, legs, chest and neck. Actually, I was itching so bad the other night, I nearly scratched a mole off my arm. I was upset about the possibility of having this condition, so I took a shower to try to calm myself down. I didn't call my ob because I knew they would have to do a blood test first to see if I had this condition and since it was the weekend there was nothing that could be done. I applied lots of lotion in hopes that would help, but it didn't. Baby was moving around, so that made me feel better. I was running a little bit of a fever, so I took some Tylenol. Later I took some Benadryl to try to help with the itching.

Kaitlynn took a 2 hour nap. After dinner, she showered and watched Phineas and Ferb. Since she took a late nap, she didn't go to sleep until about 11PM.

I was grateful for t-ball and that Kaitlynn tried it out, that I got to rest, Dave was able to come to her first t-ball practice, it didn't rain and we had beautiful weather.

No comments:

Post a Comment