Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Wednesday, July 13, 2011

27 Weeks

Friday, May 6th, marked 27 weeks. According to BabyCenter, the baby weighs almost 2 pounds (like a head of cauliflower) and is about 14 1/2 inches long with his legs extended. He's sleeping and waking at regular intervals, opening and closing his eyes, and perhaps even sucking his fingers. With more brain tissue developing, the baby's brain is very active now. While his lungs are still immature, they would be capable of functioning — with a lot of medical help — if he were to be born now. Chalk up any tiny rhythmic movements you may be feeling to a case of baby hiccups, which may be common from now on. Each episode usually lasts only a few moments, and they don't bother him, so just relax and enjoy the tickle.
Photobucket

Kaitlynn had a dream about Max driving her home and hurting her. I told her that she needed to stop playing with him (at school). She said he comes by her. I told her that doesn't mean she has to play with him and reminded her that there are other kids to play with. She said Dominic is mean to her too and started crying. I reminded her that we don't play with kids that are mean to us. She was up for hours afterwards and couldn't go back to sleep. Dave took her out to the couch to see if her could get her to sleep out there and so that I could get some sleep. She never did go back to sleep. They went outside to plant red dahlias in the front yard for Mother's Day.
Photobucket

Kaitlynn played with Logan. They played in the front yard, his backyard, our backyard and in our house. After Logan went home, Kaitlynn rode her bike around the neighborhood with Dave. Dave said, as she was riding her bike uphill, she asked if Jesus was proud of her. I left a voice mail for Kaitlynn's teacher to discuss the recent events involving Max.

Kaitlynn and I went to MawMaw's and then to Grant's Farm. Our first trip of the season. We stopped at the General Store first to get a season parking pass. Of course MawMaw had to buy Kaitlynn a few soveneirs, too. We rode the tram, which was a nice ride.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

After getting off the tram, Kaitlynn saw an owl.
Photobucket

We went to the Beer Garden to have a late lunch. Kaitlynn made wishes at the water fountain. She made 9 of them. Her 1st wish was that Mickey Mouse would come there, 2nd that someone would like her, 3rd for mom to be proud of her, 4th mawmaw to get a present, 5th for her family to like her. This kid had me almost in tears. I was like, I am always proud of you, everyone loves you and your family thinks the world of you.
Photobucket

Kaitlynn had a snowcone, fed the ducks, fed and brushed the goats, rode the carousel, fed the peacock, fed the llamas, and went to the stables / carriage house to see the horses.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

She took a 15-20 minute nap in the car. We went back to MawMaw's, where she played outside with the water table and with Daisy. She had some ice cream, climbed the peach tree and had fun hanging on the branches. Dave met us at MawMaw's and we went to get dinner. After dinner, Dave took Kaitlynn for a walk in the plaza and they ended up at Chuck E. Cheese. She said, "Hey, that's where Bailey had her birthday party. Let's go in." She played games for about an hour. We got home and Kaitlynn got ready for bed. I read her 2 books, her devotional, we prayed and listened to her CD. She was asleep after 9PM.

Baby moved around a lot early in the morning, then just a little bit the rest of the day. My arms, chest and neck were itching. I took an itch pill after Kaitlynn went to bed. I felt sick that morning in the shower, but was fine afterwards. Dave and I watched "Leap Year." I got a return call from Kaitlynn's teacher while we were at Grant's Farm, so I wasn't able to talk to her, but appreciated her message.

I was grateful for Grant's Farm, beautiful weather, time with my mom, Dave spending time with Kaitlynn, having a neighbor for Kaitlynn to play with, dahlias and Ms. M.

Saturday, the 7th, when Kaitlynn woke up she said "I win!" She used to say this all the time after she woke up. Kaitlynn confuses me when it comes to her relationship with Max. She said she wanted to have that dream again about Max and Tyler driving her home. I don't understand why she likes the kid if he is mean to her. These early relationships are complicated and confusing because they have no previous experience to go on.

I had a lot of charly horse in my left leg. They were bad! I called the weather line to see if Kaitlynn was going to have t-ball. It rained that morning and I wasn't sure if the fields would be too wet to play. The weather line hadn't been updated since Thursday, which was totally annoying. We got ready for t-ball. They did end up having it. The kids got their t-shirts. Kaitlynn didn't want to play when we got there. She said she just wanted to watch. There were 13 kids on the field and 3 instructors. They practiced hitting the ball off the t, took a water break and then ran the bases. Kaitlynn said "Look at them having fun," but refused to go out there.

Baby hadn't moved in a while, so when we got home from t-ball, I had a snack and layed on the couch to do kickcounts. I had myself so worked up and upset because he hadn't moved for a while. I was nauseous, had heartburn and a headache. I called our insurance's nurse line to ask them about the movement (or lack of). She said that she was OK with him not having 10 kicks in the 2 hours because that doesn't really start until 28 weeks. She said as long as I felt him move during that 2 hours she wasn't concerned. Of course, after I got off the phone with the nurse, he started moving like crazy. Silly, stubborn boy! I think he is going to be just like his sister!

Kaitlynn played with her princess dolls and in her tunnel. After lunch, Dave and Kaitlynn went to daddy / daughter dance practice. Dave said at practice, Kaitlynn wanted to leave 10 minutes into it, so he bribed her with McDonald's ice cream afterwards. Their dance routine was to Harry Connick Jr.'s "A Wink and A Smile." When they got home, Kaitlynn watered the flowers in the front yard.

I was so tired. After that little scare of no movement, baby moved around the rest of the day. I was just wearing my engagement ring (because my wedding ring band needed repair). I had to take it off because it started scaring me that it might possibly get stuck on my finger. I had to take an itch pill because my arms were itchy.

Kaitlynn took a shower, brushed her teeth and got ready for bed. I read 2 books to her, read her devotional, we prayed and listened to her CD. She was asleep with Bailey by 8:50PM.

I was grateful for the weather clearing up, insurance's nurse and baby moving.

No comments:

Post a Comment