Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Friday, July 22, 2011

29 Weeks

Friday, May 20th, marked 29 weeks. According to Babycenter, the baby weighs about 2 1/2 pounds (like a butternut squash) and is a tad over 15 inches long from head to heel. His muscles and lungs are continuing to mature, and his head is growing bigger to make room for his developing brain. To meet his increasing nutritional demands, you'll need plenty of protein, vitamins C, folic acid, and iron. And because his bones are soaking up lots of calcium, be sure to drink your milk (or find another good source of calcium, such as cheese, yogurt, or enriched orange juice). This trimester, about 250 milligrams of calcium are deposited in the baby's hardening skeleton each day.

I was awake again until after 3AM. After Kaitlynn woke up, she watched Nickelodeon, played with Bailey, painted a little from her Spongebob Easter book, watched PBS, ate breakfast and got ready to go to MawMaw's. I asked Kaitlynn if she wanted to go to Grant's Farm, the Zoo and the park. She said no to all of them. She said she would go to the park if Bailey could go. While I was brushing her hair, I asked her if she wanted it up or down, she said down because she wanted it to look good. The she said "I look fabulous!" We took Bailey to MawMaw's and went to get lunch. We went to a park, but it was really packed. I think a school picnic was going on. So we decided to just go to MawMaw's and eat lunch outside. Bailey and Daisy got along well. They were jealous when Kaitlynn payed more attention to the other one. Kaitlynn had fun having both dogs to play with. We ran an errand and then spent more time outside. Dave met us at MawMaw's so we could all go to dinner.

In the car on the way to dinner, MawMaw asked Kaitlynn how she got so beautiful. Kaitlynn said Jesus made her beautiful and then said He made her heart kind. Truer words have never been spoken! We had dinner at 54th Street Bar and Grill. It was our first time at this restaurant. It was OK, but we probably wouldn't go back. Kaitlynn did a seek and find / hidden pictures while waiting for the food. We didn't get home til after 10PM because Dave's keys fell out of his pocket at the restaurant and we had to go back there to look for them. Kaitlynn didn't get to sleep until just before 11PM.

I had a lot of Braxton Hicks during the day. At the restaurant, I got a message from Ginger Bay saying that my massage was canceled because the therapist quit. Earlier that day, I got a call from Kaitlynn's school saying the PCIP class I signed Kaitlynn and I up for on Self-Esteem was canceled due to low enrollment. Bummer!

I was grateful for my HTC working, nice weather, being able to be outside, family dinner, what Kaitlynn said about Jesus and that we found Dave's keys.

Saturday, the 21st:
I was on my new phone and on the laptop until really late / early depending on how you look at it. I thought Kaitlynn's t-ball would be canceled because of the forecast, but it wasn't. Kaitlynn slept until 10:45, so I didn't wake her to go to t-ball. We needed the sleep. Kaitlynn watched The Garfield Show on Cartoon Network (I think). I used to like Garfield, too. Dave and Kaitlynn went to daddy / daughter dance practice. Dave said she did really good. They went to Oberweis for ice cream afterwards. I showered and did laundry while they were gone. After lunch, Kaitlynn made 3 different games up with the rocks she got from Grant's Farm that we played. She has such an imagination. Later she watched Scooby Doo (another old show that Dave and I both watched as kids) and rested until we went to church.

I had a bruise on my elbow and it hurt. I also still have blisters in my mouth and I hadn't ate any fruit in a week. I ordered some clothes from Gymboree for the baby and for Kaitlynn. They were a steal with our rewards certificate, coupon and 25% off sale! Kaitlynn played with moon sand. She napped in the car on the way to church. It was a short 15 minute nap. Kaitlynn made herself comfortable in her class. She took her flip flops off. They didn't have snack and Kaitlynn wasn't happy about that. she said they learned about sharing.

I noticed on the new cell phones that the pictures we took had Geotagging on them, so I disabled that real quick. I don't understand that feature and why anyone would use that for their personal pictures. After dinner, Kaitlynn got ready for bed. I read her 2 books ("Snow White" and "On Beyond Zebra"), read her devotional and prayed with her. Bailey slept in her room with her. She fell asleep at 10PM. Baby was active.

I was grateful for sleeping in, church, time with Dave after Kaitlynn went to bed and the Bible app on our HTC phones.

Sunday, the 22nd:
I woke up with heartburn. We didn't eat breakfast until noon. We went to the Zoo and met MawMaw and Uncle Jeff there. We went through River's Edge, Carribean Cove (Dave and Jeff went in since Kaitlynn refused to) and rode the train.

MawMaw, Dave, Kaitlynn and I went to Joey B's for dinner. It was delicious! We went to MawMaw's so Kaitlynn could play with Daisy. It started storming, so we made our way home. Kaitlynn fell asleep in the car and slept for over an hour. She had a hard time falling back to sleep. She was crying, whining and saying she was going to throw up. Less than an hour later, she went back to sleep. Baby was active.

I was grateful that the tornadoes and storms passed us, got to sleep in and had a good day with family at the Zoo.

Monday, the 23rd:
Kaitlynn and I went to Monday Makeover. Kaitlynn and the other girl there (Abby) played together. Kaitlynn started talking to her when we were cleaning the 2nd room (asking her questions). After MM, Abby showed Kaitlynn her new toys she got from her birthday. She just turned 7.

At home, Kaiitlynn played with moon sand, we had lunch and watched PBS. It stormed. There were strong winds and rain. The power kept going out on the tv. We were under a severe thunderstorm warning. Kaitlynn was scared. We napped and rested since there wasn't much we could do during the storms. Later, we went to MawMaw's to take her to an appointment. Kaitlynn napped in the car for about 2 hours. We ran some errands. MawMaw bought Kaitlynn a new outfit for her last day of preschool. We went to dinner and Kaitlynn was playing games with the waitress. The waitress asked if I ever needed a babysitter and gave me her phone number. She really liked Kaitlynn and Kaitlynn really liked her. Kaitlynn asked if she could wear her hair like the waitress's to school the next day. She also asked if she could wear makeup. Of course, I told her no about the makeup. She wanted to know why and I told her that 4year olds don't wear makeup. I don't know if I would ever call the waitress for babysitting. She was very nice, but I don't know her and I am very particular about who watches Kaitlynn.

Kaitlynn took a shower and got ready for bed. I read 2 books ("P is for Pumpkin" and "Biscuit Takes a Walk"), read her devotional, we prayed and listened to her CD. Bailey slept in her room. She was asleep after 11. Baby moved around.

I was grateful for the storms not doing any damage near us except taking a tree limb down in the front of our house.

1 comment:

  1. Congrats on your upcoming baby!

    Happy blogoversary :)