Nothing is to be taken from this blog without the written permission of this blog's owner.

Thursday, July 21, 2011

32nd Week of Dance and 35th Week of Preschool

Tuesday, May 10th:
Kaitlynn had dance class. All 5 girls were there. One of the girls was pinching Kaitlynn. After class, Kaitlynn said she wanted a different teacher. I think it was because her teacher wouldn't listen to Kaitlynn when she was trying to tell her the other girl was pinching her.

Kaitlynn didn't eat lunch. She got ready for preschool and chose a clementine and pretzel sticks for snack. Kaitlynn's teacher informed me that the OT would be available to do an evaluation the last day of school. Originally we were thinking it wouldn't be able to be done until the beginning of the next school year. We are trying to figure out if we can rule out OT issues. While Kaitlynn was in school, I did laundry, watched my soaps and took a little nap.

I picked Kaitlynnn up from preschool. She had to walk her classmates out to the bus. The daily schedule said they read "A House for Birdie," played Feed the Kitty (a dice game), painted with water on the sidewalks, went outside to play on the playground and in music sang / listened to "Goin' on a Bear Hunt." Kaitlynn also brought home information on her End of the Year Party and the Healthy Kids Newsletter (which was about sun damage, ticks and bee stings).
Photobucket

Kaitlynn had to look at the bird's nest and check on the eggs before school and after school. She played with Bailey, watched some tv, painted a picture out of her Spongebob Easter book.
Photobucket

After dinner, Kaitlynn took a shower and got ready for bed. Dave read books and her devotional, prayed and listened to her CD. She was asleep about 9:30. I did dishes, did more laundry and watched "Khloe and Lamar." Baby moved around. I had a hard time sleeping.

I was grateful for Kaitlynn participating in dance class, having a good day at school, the day her End Of Year Party is scheduled on and being able to get the OT evaluation before the end of the year.


Wednesday, the 11th:
Kaitlynn and Dave surprised me with a vase of peonies that they picked from the back yard.
Photobucket

After breakfast, she played with her zhu zhu pets and farm play sets. It was nice getting to sleep in. I have had minimal to no itching the last few days. My back, knee and foot (on the right side) were hurting.

Kaitlynn got ready for preschool. For snack, she picked raisns and baked lays. While she was in preschool, I did grocery shopping and watered the dahlias and butterfly bush.

I was about 5 minutes late picking Kaitlynn up because I was stuck in traffic. I felt horrible and thankfully she wasn't the last kid. I don't think she even noticed, as the teacher was reading a book to them. Kaitlynn had a substitute teacher since Ms. M was out. The class composite was finally given to the kids. Outside, Kaitlynn played with Chance and his sister Dani. I talked with Chance's mom and Ms. E about which kids were returning to preschool next year and which ones were moving on to kindergarten. Most of the class will be moving on to kindergarten. The daily schedule said they read "A House for Birdie," painted bird houses, shaving cream and zoo animals, played Feed the Kitty game, color explosion bookmarks, went outside to play on the playground and in music sang / listened to "Silly Dance Contest."

Kaitlynn had several snacks in the car on the way to MawMaw's house. Kaitlynn wanted me to paint her nails. She said my name was Susan. She made a picture for Dave and I.
Photobucket

Baby moved around. We went to dinner with Dave and Uncle Jeff. Kaitlynn played her leapster at dinner with MawMaw and Uncle Jeff. We got home, Kaitlynn showered and got ready for bed. Dave read a book with her, read her devotional and prayed with her. She was asleep before 9:30. I did laundry and was really getting the piles down. I had no itching. I was still, at this point, wearing my wedding rings. I had some heartburn.

I was grateful for not itching, getting the laundry piles down and having the money and transportation to go grocery shopping.


Thursday, the 12th:
Baby moved around in the morning. I slept in a bit. After breakfast, Kaitlynn played with her dolls, Tinkerbell and Silvermist, that she got from MawMaw for Easter. Dave and her also made a fort in the living room. After lunch, Kaitlynn got ready for preschool. For snack, she chose a granola bar, grapes and blueberries. Dave and I were both able to take her to preschool.

The daily schedule said they did yoga from a DVD, continued to paint bird houses, used model clay to make things that hatched from eggs, played outside on the playground and in music sang / listened to "Spaghetti Legs."
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

Kaitlynn attended swim class. Ms. Tori and Ms. Sarah were the instructors. 5 kids were in class. They dove for rings; played red light / green light; used a noodle to practice kicking and bubble breathing; used a kickboard to practice kicking; glide with face in water, kicking, bubble breaths; arm circles with face looking down at water; used the kickboard to practice arm circles; practiced arm circles, kicking and bubble breaths with the instructor. At first, Kaitlynn would only work with Tori. She floated with Sarah. They practiced noodle floating and kicking. Climbing up on the wall and then jumped to instructor. Kaitlynn showered in the locker rooms afterwards. I treated us to fruitista freeze drinks at Taco Bell afterwards.

Kaitlynn had an activity at the library, All About Mothers. They sang "If You're Happy and You Know It," "Shake My Sillies Away," and "Follow the Leader." The librarian read "Three Baby Owls." They did another song about elephants, read "What a Mother Can't Do" and "Guess How Much I Love You." They did 4 crafts: decorated a box, color a picture, tissue paper flower and made an eye mask. The crafts were all very cute for Mother's Day.
PhotobucketPhotobucketPhotobucket

We went into the library, where Kaitlynn picked out several books. She also played on the computer. She was so cute, she said to this girl sitting next to her, "Excuse me, ma'am..."
PhotobucketPhotobucket

After getting home, she watered the flowers in the front with Dave. We had a late dinner, Kaitlynn showered and got ready for bed. I read the 2 Diego books she picked out at the library, her devotional, we prayed and listened to her CD. She was asleep a little after 9:30.

I was grateful for getting to sleeping in, that we were both able to take Kaitlynn to preschool, Kaitlynn's good behavior at swim and having fun at the library.

No comments:

Post a Comment